Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

ZDCMP2 - 3x Detail/Gameplay slots left open - join us now!

Mapping starts only in April? What a shame, I can't wait for the first shots! :(

Doesn't matter. Until then, I'll play through the first one.

I first posted the new reply and later edited the top... I guess that's why I missed the fact it's already there :P

BTW, news! Most of the "Phase 1" slots for the general development and mapping are already taken, only a few ones are left. Though, if you are a talented mapper and would like to detail areas or make sure the design is consistent, there are still free slots in "Phase 2". And, if you would like to beta test, bugfix and adjust the gameplay overall, there are also free slots in "Phase 3". You see, there is enough work to do, even if you are not a mapper or if your time is even more limited.

Link to the sign up thread: http://realm667.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2311

Hey guys, there are still Detail (phase 2) and Gameplay/Bugfix (phase 3) slots left open, so if you are skilled in one of these departments, please join us so the development chain is completet. Also someone for the Boss Arena is needed, who provides an arena and an interesting final boss (with all neat DECORATE and ACS stuff) - support us :)

Link for signing up: http://www.realm667.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2311

Shouldn't gameplay be the primary focus of one of the first two phases, instead of being last? It's very difficult to have great gameplay in a map after covering everything with detail. What if some small space needs to be changed or expanded to fit the combat more? It might require detail to be deleted if detailing comes before. Then again, this is a Torm-lead wad... :P

It's the job of the mappers to make the gameplay work well in the first phase when they're building their parts of the maps. The "Gameplay" slots here are really balancing and tweaking, much like the detail slots are just for touching up particularly subpar visual areas and doing a reasonable job of tidying up the mapping if necessary.

esselfortium said:

[TITLE IMAGE REPEATED]
You only have to post it once.

How ironic.

Ok. Torm, could you please sign me up for either slot 4 or 6 of Phase 2.

cheers. Looking forward to this. :D

Well, I guess I could always offer my musical assistance to this. This seems to be Doom related which is more or less my specialty :P

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Ok. Torm, could you please sign me up for either slot 4 or 6 of Phase 2.

Please post this in the development area at the Realm667

@Primeval - Definitely, just let us know as well in the dev-area