Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Welcome To Obamaville

Not bad. They should have mentioned something about illegals though to really drive the point home.

A well made commercial. Quiet, negative and unsettling - gets it's message across without being in your face. As an exercise in crystal ball gazing it's pure political spin.

Hell, just show these Japanese cars full of Somali women - all wearing those black burkhas - driving like terrorist kamikazi suicide bombers on their way to jobs at warehouses full of Chinese goods Mufasa! Mufasa! Mufasaaaa!

But they didn't show the homosexuals desecrating a 9/11 memorial! How will Jesus be represented in a town that teaches evolu- sorry, Obamalution?

Krispy said:

But they didn't show the homosexuals desecrating a 9/11 memorial! How will Jesus be represented in a town that teaches evolu- sorry, Obamalution?

Rick Perry pretty much fucked over his chances with his Strong video, remember? Santorum may be dumb enough to speak it, but his ad campaign is not dumb enough to tape it.

The first thing that came to mind when I watched this video was "Obamatown would be a cool location in a STALKER or Silent Hill game". I get the feeling that this wasn't the reaction that Santorum and crew wanted you to have when watching this.

Is it just me or does the right wing hate Obama more than any other Democrat they ever have? Obama isn't even that left-wing.

Sodaholic said:

Is it just me or does the right wing hate Obama more than any other Democrat they ever have? Obama isn't even that left-wing.

They hate him because he's black and they buy all of the propaganda about him being an evil liberal marxist communist Muslim.

Sodaholic said:

With the exception of Obamacare, he's done pretty everything a Republican would have done in his position.

Thanks for reminding me that the GOP is firmly planted in the 19th century and anyone that supports them either are scared to defect or really believes that shit.

Sensible Republicans should just split off and either go Dem or make another party, already. There are enough of you, right? Right?

:|

That reminds me of the faux-political ad I created while running for class president. I once created a commercial running for class VP in high school advertising the utopian "Knoxination" where students were treated like real people... Granted, it didn't go over well in an uber-conservative high school. The tag line "Future Knoxination Population - You!" didn't go over too well, either.

A well-made, obnoxious commercial.

All this ad says is "if you let that Secret-Muslim-Illegal-Imigrant president back in, he'll let those dang Islamic terrorists overrun the place, because he is one! Oh, and everything that's bad in the economy is his fault".

This is why I hate conservatism.

This is ridiculous.

My favorite bit is about Iran, though. It really shows how much Americans really believe they have a God-given right to decide what happens in every other country out there. "Oh no, the horrible people of Evilistan are trying to defend themselves from being Halliburtoned! We should start a new war right now against these subhuman monsters and pillage all their oil while there is still time!"

Gez said:

This is ridiculous.

My favorite bit is about Iran, though. It really shows how much Americans really believe they have a God-given right to decide what happens in every other country out there. "Oh no, the horrible people of Evilistan are trying to defend themselves from being Halliburtoned! We should start a new war right now against these subhuman monsters and pillage all their oil while there is still time!"

Halliburton and related companies are why we ran out of IPv4 space. Screw 'em.

Bucket said:

I'd rather live in Obamaville than Jesusland.

On one hand it'd be pretty cool to see small towns decline and cities grow because small towns are almost always dumps, but at the same time poorer small towns (poorer than they usually are already) would mean a huge spike in crime because there's no way to make a living legit.

Darkman 4 said:

On one hand it'd be pretty cool to see small towns decline and cities grow because small towns are almost always dumps, but at the same time poorer small towns (poorer than they usually are already) would mean a huge spike in crime because there's no way to make a living legit.

When it comes to small towns, even the worst have little crime rates. I've lived in dumpy towns all my life and it's really not that bad besides some vandalism by kids.

Maybe we have a different idea of towns. My idea is no more than a thousand residents.

Technician said:

When it comes to small towns, even the worst have little crime rates. I've lived in dumpy towns all my life and it's really not that bad besides some vandalism by kids.

Maybe we have a different idea of towns. My idea is no more than a thousand residents.

In the South and the Mid-West, drugs and illegal prescription pills are ravaging small towns. Add that plus a lack of jobs and you have a pretty crappy town.

I'm guessing anything short of a christian theocracy doesn't count as freedom of religion for these guys.

Technician said:

With the exception of Obamacare, he's done pretty everything a Republican would have done in his position.

No, obamacare is literally the same idea the republicans tossed around in opposition to 'hillarycare'.

edit: HAHA, holy shit, I just watched the video. It was awesome.

Obamaville, rated R, in theaters november 6th.

GeckoYamori said:

I'm guessing anything short of a christian theocracy doesn't count as freedom of religion for these guys.

Oh, be sure that if you gave them that, it wouldn't be enough yet. If you give them anything, it just signals them to push harder.

They have pretty much turned into the Talibans -- advocating total subordination of society to their religious superstitions*, repressing women's rights and minorities rights at home, fighting against science and education, and calling to jihad abroad against nations declared as irreconcilable enemies for purely religious reasons**. The only difference between Talibans and Republicans is the color of the shirt; there's one that says "Christian Crusade" while the other says "Islamic Jihad", but they play the same game using the same rules.

* I don't mean to imply religious belief isn't necessarily superstitious. But there is nothing spiritual about their brand of Christianity; it is purely a tool of social control through ritualized traditions. Things like "god hates fags" or "sex should be only for procreation" are superstitions.
** To be fair, there is also the underlying agenda of stealing oil wherever possible. But that's not something the Religious Right recognize; just a point of concordance between their views and the Big Business Lobbies' views.

Well of course neo-conservative christians and the taliban have a lot of ideological principles in common. They both seem to be big fans of the book The Clash of Civilizations.

One can only hope that the GOP's bible belt humping will further alienate their non-religious voterbase enough to turn them into another small fringe party. That'd increase the chances of ending the two party system.

There should be a movie about Biblebetville, based on The Handmaid's Tale:

The Handmaid's Tale is set in the near future in the Republic of Gilead, a country formed within the borders of what was formerly the United States of America. It was founded by a racist, male chauvinist, nativist, theocratic-organized military coup as an ideologically driven response to the pervasive ecological, physical and social degradation of the country.
Beginning with a staged terrorist attack (blamed on Islamic extremist terrorists) that kills the President and most of Congress, a movement calling itself the "Sons of Jacob" launched a revolution and suspended the United States Constitution under the pretext of restoring order.
Taking advantage of electronic banking, they were quickly able to freeze the assets of all women and other "undesirables" in the country, stripping them of their rights. The new theocratic military dictatorship, styled "The Republic of Gilead", moved quickly to consolidate its power and reorganize society along a new militarized, hierarchical, compulsorily Christian regime of Old Testament-inspired social and religious orthodoxy among its newly created social classes. In this society, almost all women are forbidden to read.

PRIMEVAL said:

Silent Hill and Raccoon City ain't got nothin on Obamaville.

T-Virus zombies < Hope-and-Change zombies.