Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

Has anyone experienced this in map 02?

I wish I recorded this, but whilst playing a wad in doom2, in map 02, after getting the red key, I jumped down into the right chamber that had opened, killed the imps, and found myself stuck under the part that had opened and the wall.

I'll take screen shots later of the location, but I have not seen this before, and trying to reenact this did nothing. I had only gotten stuck there that once and could only get out by crouching.

GreyGhost said:

Might be an engine bug but not one I recall encountering. Which port and which wad?

It was skulltag, and the mod was...
something random I came across.

EDIT: Doom Vercetti v1.8

Weird and rare things can happen in Doom. You can for example suddenly phase through a wall and leak out of the playable area. It doesn't happen all the time.

I wish Doom allowed recording demos even if you didn't say -record (see something worthy? Hit "save replay" and everything played so far is saved to the disk), but there's a fundamental design that prevents that from being possible, unless you want your turning accuracy to be jerked to 8-bit all the time.

printz said:

I wish Doom allowed recording demos even if you didn't say -record (see something worthy? Hit "save replay" and everything played so far is saved to the disk),

I'd say ALL sessions should be saved. Some games do this.

printz said:

but there's a fundamental design that prevents that from being possible, unless you want your turning accuracy to be jerked to 8-bit all the time.

You are aware of "Doom 1.91" hack, right?

I did, I hope it's popular enough. But it won't be enough. The demo also needs to store the random seed that was set since starting the level, because otherwise only the very first gameplay will be in sync.

printz said:

I did, I hope it's popular enough. But it won't be enough. The demo also needs to store the random seed that was set since starting the level, because otherwise only the very first gameplay will be in sync.

Doesn't it already? How else demos w/deaths work?

I meant this hypothetical scheme where you play through several levels or lives, then you do that "save replay" action, which would only save the session from your last level entry or death-restart, whose seed may be different from the start-up one used at -warp time.