Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leon

How to put WADs on Doomworld?

Please note that what you are actually doing is uploading to the idgames archive. It's not actually part of Doomworld.

Yeah. I read the stickies and I'm confused. I've never used FireZilla before and can't do it

Using FireZilla. What do I put in a where? Could someone do it for me haha

I connect to Doomworld and when I click to transfer it says "cannot connect. 1 user is already connection to this ISP. Try again in ten minutes."

That's a common issue, the archive only allows a single FTP connection while FileZilla default behaviour is to open two.

Open the Site Manager, highlight the idgames archive entry (which I suppose you've named "Doomworld") and click on the Transfer Settings tab. Tick the Limit number of simultaneous connections box, set Maximum number of connections to 1 and click OK. Give the server 10 minutes to forget about you and try again.

I did that and it still doesn't work, is there something else that needs to be set up in File Zilla before I try and send it

Still having problems? Are you using the Site Manager or Quickconnect?

If it's Quickconnect you'll have to go into Settings/Transfers and (under Concurrent transfers) reduce the Maximum simultaneous transfers to 1.

If it's Site Manager, I'll put together a check-list we can work through.

Plus, it's not allowing me to add compressed files to it. I have compressed them but it doesn't show up

Would someone else be able to do it. I think it's cause I'm using my University connection. If someone could email me I could send it to you and I could send the files and any other info you need. cheers

rated_rko2009@hotmail.com

Leon said:

I think it's cause I'm using my University connection.

Possible, many universities block FTP.

Leon said:

I think it's cause I'm using my University connection.

Might be a firewall issue. I can upload it for you, click on the email link under this post and fire it off.

I find using WS_FTP LE the easier of the two programs but that's just me.