Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Clever Bot

Here's my *lengthy* conversation with it:

Whoops seems link was broken, sorry. But still.

It's asked my name, guessed things about me (correctly), and lied about many things, including its boyfriend (no, not its botfriend). Any thoughts?

My thought is that these robots unicorns are amusing; but still very far from passing the Turing test.

Cleverbot is the stupidest chat bot ever. But apparently it can fool people into thinking it is a human with shit like this:

God created humans, not humans.

My dog is not a band or a member of a band?

Tali'Zorrah vas Neema.

I talked to it until it started acting arrogant on me, telling me non-sequiturs and expecting me to understand them; me saying I don't, and it thinking I'm stupid. I closed it because the conversation became stumped.

Well, the link was to a pretty good conversation where I asked it how to get rich and was offered a job to work on its botfriend. However, the link no longer goes there so I don't know how many people were taken to the wrong site.

How about those stupid IM chat bots that always pose as a horny girl who just came back from work?

... I remember back in college making AI that would reply to people and learn and remember what you had just told it instead of spitting out random jibberish based on what you just said. Like if you said my name is Tom. It would remember you are Tom. It would remember its own name and what you discussed on what day. The beautiful part is that it would remember phrases and statements from other people. In fact I bet I could quickly make it again in a few hours.

I'm still waiting for a real conversation with a computer. Not a single bot has come close to convincing. For example, I'd like to ask, "In your opinion, Mister Robot, Who was the greatest man of the 19th century?," then get a realistic answer with an explanation.

WildWeasel said:

Those only seem to be getting worse lately. =P

They've always been as dumb as dogshit like that :P My friend used to put them in group convos and break the hell out of them.

There's an infinitecimally smarter "IQ test" bot.

Krispy said:

I'm still waiting for a real conversation with a computer. Not a single bot has come close to convincing. For example, I'd like to ask, "In your opinion, Mister Robot, Who was the greatest man of the 19th century?," then get a realistic answer with an explanation.

... I'd have it google famous men of 19th century and find a list then wikipedia them and give you some random snipet from wikipedia. Plus give new cleverbot a personality like if new cleverbot is a Christian search for the most famous christian men or if new cleverbot is a neo nazi it would google nazi famous men and wikipedia up someone like Hitler.

It can be done... I've made web search spiders that read web pages. Then you just pollish it to make it more human :-)

Ah, Cleverbot. A fantastically stupid way to waste time.

AI really has a long way to go before you can actually have a good conversation with it. It will be pretty cool when you can talk to NPCs via a microphone in games though, and have them retort coherently.

DoomUK said:

AI really has a long way to go before you can actually have a good conversation with it. It will be pretty cool when you can talk to NPCs via a microphone in games though, and have them retort coherently.

The difference is that if I know it's an AI, I'll never feel anxious when talking to it. On the other hand, if it's a real human, no matter how dense, I get jitters talking to them as strangers.

printz said:

The difference is that if I know it's an AI, I'll never feel anxious when talking to it. On the other hand, if it's a real human, no matter how dense, I get jitters talking to them as strangers.

So when you feel the same kind of discomfort talking to a computer, you'll know AI has reached a level of believability? I can buy that.

DoomUK said:

Ah, Cleverbot. A fantastically stupid way to waste time.

Not if you use the cleverbot omegle that I linked earlier. It's kinda addictive to watch strangers fooled.

I showed my girlfriend cleverbot last night without telling her what it is. She asked is this just some random person they assign you to talk with? I didn't say anything. After a minute she said this person seems hollow. After 2 minutes she said this person isn't real are they.