Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project - /idgames link is up

Daemalum V2 just gave me a signal 11 in PrBoom+. It happened when I reached the room after the large rising staircase.

Huge remake in starting area on my map:

Also, now the portal to hell are communicating with the earth base in the starting area... now i'll work on more details, but since i seen the map is beatable (thank gggmork for the demo!), next for a v3

Marcaek said:

Daemalum V2 just gave me a signal 11 in PrBoom+. It happened when I reached the room after the large rising staircase.

No idea. Someone more technically minded than myself will have to come up with an explanation for that one.

It this thing is still going on during my summer vacation, I might make a map for it.

It's nice to see the progress of the project! With current speed, at the end of the year we may end with about... 135 maps?

FDA for OMNIVORE. You can see how scared I was to go in the red key room. You know something was going to happen, so I kept putting it off until later. :)

Marcaek - I didn't get any signal 11 crashes on daemalum with prboom-plus 2503. Which version were you using? I don't know what the signal 11 error means, but I usually switch to a different version of prboom+ if I get the error. I got that error even on doom2.wad levels before.

TimeOfDeath said:

FDA for OMNIVORE. You can see how scared I was to go in the red key room. You know something was going to happen, so I kept putting it off until later. :)

Awesome =) I`ll be back with the final version later. I guess I should add a secret or two.

darkreaver: Very nice map buddy! It's quite amazing how nice this map look even though you've only used the doom2 stock resources :)

The gameplay was pretty good as well. Maybe consider removing some of the medkits on UV since it was a bit overwhelming, at least in the YK room. It felt like you gave the player endless attempts if they failed when the fights weren't that hard anyway.

Some more SSG ammo would be nice too, especially in the last room. I had rockets to kill the pinkies with, but if I hadn't let the revenants and cybie infight in the RK room, my rockets would've run out and the later parts of the map would've been a chore to play.

It's also possible to AV jump to the BFG as soon as you steped out of the starting area. I just ran for the blue armor and then the AV to the right of the starting room helped me to grab the BFG ;)

Great job!

Spent a few hours making this one.

Meanwhile, in a few hours I can get a room done or two. Meh. It seems as you get faster and better at mapping, I proportionally get slower and worse. :P

There was a visual glitch (in GL at least) in that spot with the archvile + 4 revenants tower, the way sky ceilings were set up it cut off some buildings from some angles.

Phml said:

There was a visual glitch (in GL at least) in that spot with the archvile + 4 revenants tower, the way sky ceilings were set up it cut off some buildings from some angles.

Hmmm, I`ll have to look into that. Can`t see any glitches in software mode in Skulltag at least.

danne: yeah, I know I spammed medkits in the YK area, I`ll remove a couple of them. Also, the BFG/vile jump was intentional, but it might be TOO easy? :P Yes, I think so. I think I`ll make that impossible to do. I mean, you are getting all the keys simply to get the BFG haha.

I did a speedrun of the map in 30 secs, but that was before I added the pinkies in the final room, havent tried after that.

walter confalonieri said:

Huge remake in starting area on my map:

Also, now the portal to hell are communicating with the earth base in the starting area... now i'll work on more details, but since i seen the map is beatable (thank gggmork for the demo!), next for a v3

Those solid cement walls. Not so cement like - more metallic.

I'd like to join. I'm going to finish my map tomorrow... I'm bored, so I have time for It (Boom map). :)

Nice looking busted open walls and floor/ceiling pieces, especially for a speedmap. Only played once and gameplay seemed fun, somewhat linear with tight halls but it worked. Found the secret easily without even figuring out what caused it to open (last 'x' had a hom, sometimes checking the lines to make sure their front/back points to the right intended sector can fix that). Could be fun for tyson play.

gggmork said:

Nice looking busted open walls and floor/ceiling pieces, especially for a speedmap. Only played once and gameplay seemed fun, somewhat linear with tight halls but it worked. Found the secret easily without even figuring out what caused it to open (last 'x' had a hom, sometimes checking the lines to make sure their front/back points to the right intended sector can fix that). Could be fun for tyson play.

Thank you. :)
I knew about the bug for the last 'x', but I couldn't figure out how to fix that.
Btw, the map name is "Fading Castle", I didn't want to rename it in the wad.

I found out how to fix the hom. In DB2, go to:
mode/map analysis
check only:
closed sectors, line references, overlapping lines

It'll find about 4 unclosed sectors, for each one delete the 1 sided line(s) on the perimeter that shouldn't be there (doing that fixed the x for me).

nice map, start reminds me of e3m1, i found myself without ammo in the half part of the map...

FDA. I died lots of times and i give up without reaching the yellow key, then i played with god mode a run...

Errors i found in your map:

http://imgur.com/a/q4adO#0

EDIT: i found this on the v1 of your map....

DOUBLE EDIT: Here i am with the v3 of sahkeh.wad:

http://www.4shared.com/file/_VrUGys0/sahkeh.html

Haven't released a map since '07...Finally started messing with WA again a few days ago...Gonna work on a level I already started for my own little project, but I am DEFINITELY interested in this.