Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Killamangiro91

Wrestlemania 28

So Who's watching it tonight?

I don't watch wrestling anymore. Watched it when it was wwf and stopped when all my favourite wrestlers left or turned to shit (the rock, stone cold, mankind, undertaker, kane). But I do watch every year Royal Rumble and wrestlemania for a bit of nostalgia.

I'm really hyped for this years.
Undertaker vs Triple H in a hell in a cell
The rock vs John cena (attitude era vs PG era)

I know, I KNOW. I will get disappointed cause WWE just sucks nowadays.
But I'm still excited.

What are your guys predictions?

Technician said:

It always sucked.

I disagree. Back in the attitude era when everything went and no one gave a shit. It was good. The script writers were exciting and often matches had good twists and turns.
Nowadays you can tell what happens and shit.

Or maybe I just thought that cause I was a kid :S

I'm watching it tonight with some friends. Haven't viewed one of these live in quite some time so I'm pumped.

Nostalgia filters apply even to WWF? Well, suck my knob and call me Charlie.

Most likely won't watch it. WWE sucks really bad these days. Nothing will beat 80's WWF (or even 90's). Only wrestler I pay attention to from the WWE is Kane. I really just watch TNA.

Predictions? Cena beats Rock somehow, Undertaker wins his boring match, and Kane loses to Boreton.

PRIMEVAL said:

Most likely won't watch it. WWE sucks really bad these days. Nothing will beat 80's WWF (or even 90's).

Yeah, that was back when wrestlers had an entertaining gimmick. Since 9/11 the WWE turned into one big patriotic circle-jerk.

Maes said:

Nostalgia filters apply even to WWF? Well, suck my knob and call me Charlie.

The wrestlers back when I was young were essentially cartoon characters, so nostalgia definitely applies when thinking back.

I've decided to just go back and watch Chris Jericho's WWF Debut 100 times over and think about how relevant it is to the WWE today.

Good God... talk about guilty pleasures.

Technician said:

Yeah, that was back when wrestlers had an entertaining gimmick. Since 9/11 the WWE turned into one big patriotic circle-jerk.

The wrestlers back when I was young were essentially cartoon characters, so nostalgia definitely applies when thinking back.

WWE even had some decent moments in 2003, but that's really about it.

And the cartoony style back in the day was what made the WWF really cool. Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, surfer Sting, Billy Graham, Earthquake, and Jake Roberts were all really great, entertaining wrestlers. Now these days, all the wrestlers are just so bland and generic...all wear the same briefs and knee pads with little to no variation in style. Generic Wrestler #1 vs Generic Wrestler #2.

Technician said:

It was fairly patriotic back in the 80's as well. Remember Hulk Hogan and the Iron Sheik?

Heh, went over to a friend's house and apparently caught a stream of it. It was pretty bad, to say the least.

Well the match with the Undertaker and Triple H was really good. John Cena vs. The Rock was highly entertaining, mostly because The Rock is awesome. Kane vs. Randy Orton was ok. The rest was kinda forgettable. The first match, which I missed because I blinked, was over in 18 seconds(WTF!). It really hit a low point before the John Cena/Rock match, when they tried to have a musical interlude and brought out the worst garbage performers I've ever seen or heard.

Technician said:

Iron Sheik picture

i met him like a year or so ago. he came to my venue as a special guest during a hip-hop show. dude is fucking crazy. still talking about that "bastard hulk hogan stealing [his] belt"

The Lag said:

i met him like a year or so ago. he came to my venue as a special guest during a hip-hop show. dude is fucking crazy. still talking about that "bastard hulk hogan stealing [his] belt"

While we're on the subject of meeting old wrestlers, Vader used to own a pizza shop two blocks from me.

Technician said:

Wait, they're still using the Undertaker character?

Sorta lol. I miss his early 90's character...he was actually scary back then.

Watched it with about 15 people and we all drug our girlfriends along to watch. It was a pretty fun show and I was glad The Rock busted Cena up. Taker/HHH was probably match of the night but the mere presence of The Rock blew the arena up. Good times.

We've all definitely agreed that we will be going to the Meadowlands for WM29 even if it is like 35 degrees out. It will be glorious.

Undertake/Triple H was easily the only one really worth remembering. Hopefully they all retire now, because it's long over time for them.

I'm stunned they allowed rock to beat Cena, since Cena is currently their cash cow.

I think the ending of that match was the indicator that all three of them have pretty much hung it up, but then again look at Ric Flair

Watched it. Liked CM Punk and Jericho as they have been the only two wrestlers worth watching for the past 8 years. I liked Undertaker and Triple H too but it is very apparent that they should be done. They should go out while they still have it and not turn into losers like Hogan and Flair. Rest of it was pretty forgettable. I hate Cena and I stopped liking the Rock roughly around when the Doom movie was made so that match bored me. Overhyped nonsense.

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

Liked CM Punk [...] as they have been the only two wrestlers worth watching for the past 8 years [...] turn into losers like Hogan and Flair.

You're a little late for April Fools there.