Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omegamer

Lost Fortress WIP

Just started working on a new map of mine called "Lost Fortress".
Its a MAP01 replacement for Doom 2 and one of my first maps with custom textures.

Current completation: 10% (Updated 30th of March)

The map features a cool very "greenish" style.
I hope to complete it in a few days, maybe a few weeks.

Thank you :D
Yeah I try to achieve a greenish style in the map but also do some theme-variation.

New pic:

Oh and might be important to say that the shown area isn't finished I still have to add some things I think :D

This looks great, very atmospheric! The texture alignment is a little wacky though.

Also, perhaps you could try using some more odd angles? Orthogonality is a bad habit to form when designing maps.

Marnetmar said:

This looks great, very atmospheric! The texture alignment is a little wacky though.

Also, perhaps you could try using some more odd angles? Orthogonality is a bad habit to form when designing maps.

Thank you!
I know the texturealigment is a bit bad but I think I might correct it when the whole map's finished.

Memfis said:

ROCK2 ceiling clash with the green walls, the rest looks nice.

Yeah I'll try to find a fitting replacement for that texture ;)

First of all, sorry for the doublepost but I really dont want to let this topic die like all my other ones :D
So I just worked a little bit on the map and I recently finished a little cave.
So nothing big to show but I just wanted to show off some new screens to keep this thing alive ;)

darkreaver said:

Some really nice atmosphere you have going here =)

By the way I'm currently searching for 1-2 playtesters, you dont need to give me advice about the layout or something after you played it, I just want some feedback on the difficulty.
But please keep in mind that the map isn't finished at all and you might to use "give keys" to reach some areas :D