Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

CISPA (and Soda attempts to start a chain letter)

There is a new bill called CISPA that is even worse than SOPA and PIPA. This time, instead of just blocking sites, they are given the access to spy on anyone they please, and get any info about you from ISPs.

Please spread this to every other forum you go to, and make sure the people who view it do too!

Copy and paste this post as it is to every place you can. Sign the petition, and if you want info on the bill, read the article. Thanks.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/stop_cispa/?vl
http://digitaljournal.com/article/322396

sgt dopey said:

No

Okay then.

Being serious though, I want it to be spread though, because this bill hasn't picked up as much attention as the last ones have, and I wanted to change that.

Jesus fucking Christ, really? Already? I though we at least had till next fall before the corporation's puppet senators pulled this shit again.

EDIT: Jesus this bill is terrible.

I've got my own problems. The conservative want to force ISPs in Canada to record all their customer's web usage to, of course, stop the scary pedophiles that plague our nation. Bullshit.

sgt dopey said:

Being serious though i think this comes under same shit different smell

This bill is even worse. It's not just about blocking websites and applying stricter copyright laws, it also wants to record you internet usage.

America must stop the internet terrorists at all costs! Oh, and if we catch a few people downloading music, we'll get them too, of course.

Make a law you know the people will reject but keep it quiet so nobody is aware to protest. Pathetic.

Hmm...in Greek, SOPA means "shut up". PIPA literally means (smoking) "pipe" but it's more used in slang to mean "blowjob". And CISPA sounds like a hillbilly version of "piss on it".

Therefore, will all those bills, you have to shut up, suck it down, and then get peed on. Makes perfect sense to me.

Seems like the internet is becoming saturated with cointelpro, propaganda and controlled opposition and someone is setting up checkmate against someone (probably against the poor/masses, or even all of humanity if the elite are hard core eugenicists according to one popular theory which might itself be propaganda) for some reason. I don't know the reason or who the good or bad guys are or why 'russia today' is seemingly in half of 'usa is becoming totalitarian' type videos. It seems every week some new major totalitarian acronym that nobody wants comes into effect; you heard that anyone who's arrested can be strip searched now according to the supreme court? (search youtube "strip search, this week")

Maybe they're doing all this because they've used google/etc as a crystal ball to predict a revolution is coming, so they're trying to trigger a fake controlled one early by pissing everyone off with with stuff that is obviously bad, which they'll purposely direct to have the dust settle into their 'one world government' or whatever; order out of chaos or whatever. I have no idea what's going on. Politics is all about being the biggest asshole, not knowledge, anyway.

I guess this can all be expected when the species ruling the world belongs to the order of primates.

Even these zanier theories like 'chemtrails' don't immediately seem obviously false to me. I mean I looked up in the sky recently (yar, I rarely go outside) and there's like 4 or 5 airplane 'trails' which sure seem to spread out to the size of normal clouds, way more than I remember them spreading in my youth, like they're crop dusting us with who knows. And isn't 'they're putting something in the water' supposed to obviously have negative connotations? What about fluoride (and possibly lithium) in the water, or whatever they want and just calling it fluoride? Is food being used as a weapon? I mean 'it helps teeth?'.. I've seen the vaccination propaganda everywhere too, like signs to get vaccinations in the grass in front of supermarkets.. Its starting to seem less crazy that they might be putting something in them. And yes, I got these ideas from the person you probably think. I only have a few real self-observed axioms to go on (evidence is based on observations), one is damn near all food makes me sick and two is ebay where I 'worked' suddenly became totalitarian with weird behavior like they're sabotaging their own fucking system to make it impossible to sell stuff.

Its getting obvious that the majority are the milking cows of the minority. Taxes seem like such a mastermind obvious scam, they grow people in their fucked up schools, add required 'car insurance' to the tax. And other hidden taxes like here they have 'street sweeper day' twice a fucking week even though the street is sparkling clean. Its like a memory tax because everyone eventually forgets to move the car = 45.00 each time. What, don't pay that and now you can be strip searched? Why are half the tv channels about prison reality shows, wtf? I mean the car insurance scam companies who literally force (lobbied probably) you to buy 200$ paper repeatedly, come on in the commercial breaks of prison 'entertainment' reality shows. And if this shit all comes to a head in 2012 as some grand irony regarding the mayan calendar, despite the obvious bullshit there, I really won't know what to think. That whole idea could be weird acclimating propaganda too, I mean they had a movie called '2012' (it was shit.. which means the 'elites' probably had a hand in making it, ha ha).

I'm aware of memetics and how ideas can snowball from brain to brain without necessarily being true. My brain is pretty immune to religion because I can see right to the obvious falseness of claims with no evidence and mutual incompatibility of multiple religions (plus wasn't indoctrinated with them in my youth), but these conspiracy theories are even more successful 'replicators'/memes imo.

I mean, 'authorities' are going to read this post in the future and deem that gggmork, who they will link to citizen #3446637821 gets triple carbon taxes for breathing as punishment for not devoting all his brain cells to american idol and justin bieber? I think they want all currency digital so they can just deny anyone's card at any time. The information environment is really confusing, like is anonymous true or is it some sort of fbi controlled trick to use as an excuse to clamp down with these laws.. that could be 'false flag' right there.

Same circus, same clowns, different slapstick routine. Looks like Capitol Hill's ratcheting up its War on Liberty.

GreyGhost said:

Looks like Capitol Hill's ratcheting up its War on Liberty.

It's been for quite a while now. Least we can do is keep the general public informed of this crap, so they'll at least be on their toes and not be completely blind to how they're being fucked.

Speaking of which, has anyone reposted this anywhere? If you haven't, please do, it'll only take a second.

Yep, it's happening all over again, and this one seems especially scary. Lets hope it doesn't pass...

Email:
Right now, the US Congress is sneaking in a new law that gives them big brother spy powers over the entire web -- and they're hoping the world won't notice. We helped stop their Net attack last time, let's do it again.

Over 100 Members of Congress are backing a bill (CISPA) that would give private companies and the US government the right to spy on any of us at any time for as long as they want without a warrant. This is the third time the US Congress has tried to attack our Internet freedom. But we helped beat SOPA, and PIPA -- and now we can beat this new Big Brother law.

Our global outcry has played a leading role in protecting the Internet from governments eager to monitor and control what we do online. Let's stand together once again -- and beat this law for good. Sign the petition then forward to everyone who uses the Internet:

Under the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA), if a cyber threat is even suspected, companies we use to access the Internet will have the right to collect information on our activities, share that with the government, refuse to notify us that we are being watched and then use a blanket immunity clause to protect themselves from being sued for violation of privacy or any other illegal action. It's a crazy destruction of the privacy we all rely on in our everyday emails, Skype chats, web searches and more.

But we know that the US Congress is afraid of the world's response. This is the third time they have tried to rebrand their attempt to attack our Internet freedom and push it through under the radar, each time changing the law's name and hoping citizens would be asleep at the wheel. Already, Internet rights groups like the Electronic Frontier Foundation have condemned the bill for its interference with basic privacy rights -- now it's time for us to speak out.

Sign the petition to Congress opposing CISPA. When we reach 250,000 signers our call will be delivered to each of the 100 US Representatives backing the bill:

Internet freedom faces threats everyday from governments around the world -- but the US is best placed to attack the rights of Internet users because so much of the Net's infrastructure is located there. Our movement has, time and time again, proven that global public opinion can help beat back US threats to our Net. Let's do it again.

With hope,

Emma, Rewan, Ricken, Antonia, Lisa, Morgan, Mia, Pascal and the entire Avaaz team

Yeah, Sodaholic alerted the forums of this already. Sadly, I don't think you'll notice the same kind of outrage and protest as SOPA had generated. At this point, I think people are just tired of it and will probably just accept the violation of their freedoms.

Today's public has such a low attention spans.

EDIT: I'm not seeing even a sliver of the malice of SOPA. Until the government is threatening to censor Youtube or monitor torrents, people really don't care if the government is recording their actions.

Seriously, has anyone else tried spreading awareness yet? I'm gonna be pissed if none of you have.

Spreading this to all my friends and relatives.

These bills are giving me even more incentive to move out-of-country ASAP.

Whoo said:

Spreading this to all my friends and relatives.

Thanks. :)

I revised it to include the petition.

I am seriously considering that these repeated net-censorship and extension-of-authority bills are some kind of social engineering or study.

Unless the government over there really is stupid enough to try passing the same things over and over in spite of the public backlash as if it'll change the outcome.

Marcaek said:

Unless the government over there really is stupid enough to try passing the same things over and over in spite of the public backlash as if it'll change the outcome.

That's it, you nailed it. People stop caring after a while.

oh please, i hope websites start voluntarily shutting themselves down in "protest" again.

40oz said:

oh please, i hope websites start voluntarily shutting themselves down in "protest" again.

I don't think that helped a lot.

All we can really do is make the general public to be aware of this crap, and make them actually care. Just spread my chain letter, please.

Why the hell would anyone want to do this?

Okay I read the post entirely now.

When I see "Start a Chain Letter" I get weeby. Still, I probably won't share out of laziness.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1

Summary: $2 Billion center in Utah for the NSA that will intercept all forms of wireless communications, such as emails, texts, phone calls etc and then store it with filters to hunt any guilty party down.

Thus, the NSA’s need for a 1-million-square-foot data storehouse. Should the agency ever fill the Utah center with a yottabyte of information, it would be equal to about 500 quintillion (500,000,000,000,000,000,000) pages of text.

What this country needs is a computer warehouse storing everything that ever happened and ever will happen. Only then will we be safe from terrorists, leftists, and gays.

P.S. You just know that this center will never let the data be used to convict criminals in anything lower than a federal court. It will be used solely for the feds and no one else will get access.

yellowmadness54 said:

KONY 2012 GUIZ!

JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON MARTIN!
SKITTLES AND TEA RNT WEPINZ!

dat us all sereez bizniz not to be mad fun uv biotch be cool bro fucker

yellowmadness54 said:

KONY 2012 GUIZ!

JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON MARTIN!
SKITTLES AND TEA RNT WEPINZ!

Whelp, here we go yet again.

Kony 2012 was really stupid and was a scam, it's not really comparable to stuff like the Trayvon case, or these privacy issues. Is it really such a sin to care about the things that go on in the world?