Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Funny doom multiplayer stories

I was playing a cooperative game of Doom once and saw a guy chatting with his buddy next to a cliff. Suddenly, his friend gets gibbed right in front of him. He freaks out, then falls off the cliff and dies. That shouldn't be too hard to top.

Well, I was hiding behind a door, blocking a bunch of really mean monsters, when a team-mate strolls along and makes his arrival, and opens it. The monsters accepted the invitation, and we faced our DOOM

I was playing survival (skulltag) with a friend once (he was completely new to Doom) and I was trying to explain to him how there are certain signs that a monster ambush is about to occur, and after you play Doom long enough you start to instantly see those signs.

Well we say a red key, and I warned him that we were definitely going to get attacked, he didn't believe me, ran up, grabbed the key and was immediately punched to death by 10 revenants. I died laughing at that scene, used to have a screenshot of it somewhere.

I can't remember if it's Plutonia or TNT, but there's this one level that starts off with a Cyberdemon in the second room. Every time I play that damned level, we get stuck in the starting room and we have to decide who's a bad enough dude to run out and take it on. Either that or we sit for half an hour while someone chips away at it with a shotgun.

In Skulltag, there were 8 people with identical names. It was from a long time ago.

A long time ago there was this trash talker troll in ZDaemon game (rare, I know). He said something about Canada, so I pretty much verbally nuked his home land of Mexico until he quit with an ass as red as blood. He rejoined some time later, but I said something mean and he quite again.

There was also this other time two kids were playing a game on, what I think, was Skulltag. I was shotgun jousting those fuckers to mars and back and they threatened to narc on me for using cheats. They fucking sucked, that's what.

Oh, and there was this one time someone was writing something on a large wall with the plasmagun. I then jumped in and ruined it; he got mad. I think I may have drawn some swastikas and penises too.

That's about all I can remember from the good old days.

Bucket said:

I can't remember if it's Plutonia or TNT, but there's this one level that starts off with a Cyberdemon in the second room. Every time I play that damned level, we get stuck in the starting room and we have to decide who's a bad enough dude to run out and take it on. Either that or we sit for half an hour while someone chips away at it with a shotgun.

My brother and I accidentally brought the cyberdemon up the lift into the starting room Doom 2's MAP15 a few times.

Shooting a friend into a teleporter with the SSG and then following him afterwards. I loved hearing his reaction as he was sitting at the same table as me. :3

I once killed someone in deathmatch. By leading my shots. Using the SSG. In close quarters. With a ping of 2000.

exp(x) said:
My brother and I accidentally brought the cyberdemon up the lift into the starting room Doom 2's MAP15 a few times.

A friend and I did that at least once. I remember getting hit by a rocket, dying, respawning immediately, seeing my previous body still falling, and then getting hit by another rocket and dying again before the previous body hit the ground...

gemini09 said:

Well, I was hiding behind a door, blocking a bunch of really mean monsters, when a team-mate strolls along and makes his arrival, and opens it. The monsters accepted the invitation, and we faced our DOOM

haha i've done that before :)

PRIMEVAL said:

Shooting a friend into a teleporter with the SSG and then following him afterwards. I loved hearing his reaction as he was sitting at the same table as me. :3

Very much this. I have fond memories of co-op griefing people in Plutonia MAP12 (Speed), mostly via this and knocking people off into the blood. :P

I don't have any good Doom stories, but..

The first time I played Duke3d I ducked in to a corner to try to figure out which weapon was which. A conveyor belt carried the other guy directly in front of me and I freaked out trying to choose a weapon other than the rocket launcher. When I finally got the machine gun selected a claw dropped from the ceiling, picked him up and carried him away.

Probably won't be anywhere near as funny to any of you, but my most hilarious Multi Doom experience happened when we were testing one of my bro Osiris Kalev's multiplayer mods on Factory, and after a while I ended up turning on cheats and we ended with a huge ring of floating cyberdemons around the building in the center of the map, and the entire courtyard completely carpeted with imp corpses.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2671/screenshotdoom201008030.png

It was such a blast, just fucking around. Doom is the best.

Nomad said:

Factory,

Industrial Zone

Some time ago i was playing d2reloaded in zdaemon in survival mode (1 life). There were like 8+ of players and we got to map18. This map is quite special and requires a sneaky approach - first few minutes are meant to be played stealthy and without any shots, or otherwise Arch-Viles get teleported everywhere and melt the hell out of you. Most of us didn't know about that and we got toasted in the first round, losing all weapons.
After that it started to become funny. Imagine 10 scared guys slowly pacing through the area until one of them meets a revenant, panics, shoots and makes everyone die within seconds. There also was some troll who kept using fist at the start to wake monsters up, and we couldn't figure out who it was. After a while many people started trolling like that just for fun. So yeah, in 2 hours we haven't managed to finish the map, and every attempt followed the same scheme:
1) dead silence, fear and caution, rapid heartbeat.
2) ????
3) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *hilarity ensues*
It was quite silly, but everyone seemed to have fun, and the atmosphere was great :)

I was testing my map (single- and multiplayer). Two seconds... And zcajun bot stepped on exit line. The end.

That time someone came in here starting a flamewar with one of the users because a Skulltag bot shared the same name as him.

I remember there was the one DBZone server everyone played on even though it had friendly fire and was full of griefers. There was one guy who was the worst. When he was on I'd either start a vote to kick him or repeatedly kill him back until I could push him into a spawn trap. Somehow, because I'm an idiot, I didn't pick up on why each time I fought back against this guy I got banned form the server :P

I remember playing nce, and lagging like a bitch, and not hitting anything because I'd be aiming at them and the shots would go behind yadda yadda. Ended up rage quitting though and hating my computer for sucky MP on all games.

the ragequit series. i have to upload those demos to youtube when i find time. so, that was about 1998-2000, and a friend and i were overly competitive back then. we were playing dwango5 map1, i enter the back of the courtyard (where the chainsaw is in doom2 m01), he shoots a rocket at me, i dodge it, kill him with ssg. he respawns immediately behind me in the path of his own rocket, and... smack. followed by a yell and the demo ending abruptly. i can still laugh for minutes when i watch that demo (we used doom legacy 1.28 iirc, needs dosbox to run now). i have several of these, and many times i kicked his ass the demo ended in some unexpected way :p

then there was another guy who tried to camp wherever he could just to annoy us camper-hunters, and thought that finding the exit room was the point of playing a deathmatch map. so we made some duke3d maps for for him where pressing the exit sign would blow him up, crush him, or in a certain one, just teleport him into an inescapable aquarium where he would drown, while we would enter the room via a secret and gloat over him. it worked exactly as planned.

yet another one attended a LAN and left with a hatred for the BFG, which he repeteadly called the "fucking green blowtorch" and demanded loudly that we get off him with that horrible thing. not that he ever understood how it works... but the scene was hilarious. especially as he was dead serious about it.