Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

Is Revolution! that MegaWAD with friendly monsters and redesigned weapons (from Quake 2 or Unreal)?

Nope - it's an early 2000's (I believe) MegaWAD from Thomas van der Velden, which focuses on "realistic" locations whilst still sporting great (albeit easy) gameplay.

Hell Revealed 2. Just planning the route for new speedrun... eh, the one brain isn't enough. Btw, HR2 is awesome! You're not pro doomer if you didn't finish it.
PS: I've just finished map01 in 7sec on UV!..

ducon said:

Is Revolution! that MegaWAD with friendly monsters and redesigned weapons (from Quake 2 or Unreal)?

That sounds like kaiser's DSV 4 (also known as Revolution) which I admittedly haven't played.

Playing through Plutonia Revisited CP for the first time and enjoying myself, despite a slow start there are some really inspiring levels so far. Up to Map08.

finished sunder maps 12 & 13 on UV with scoredoom and add-on pack. On map 12 had to disable monster replacements for 'non-boss' monsters due to performance issues. At one point on map12 so many imps were released, I ran across a large area walking on the heads of them.

Currently playing the final map 14, which like 12 & 13 have not been quite as hard as 9 & 10, but still brutally tough with tons of saving, reloading and re-strategizing between saves.
The final showdown on 14 though is insanely hard, and damn near impossible for me I think with addon-pack monsters replacing bosses & non-bosses, also the performance drops to less than 1 frame a second at points. So will probably retry level with add-on pack replacements turned down.

edit: completed map14 after much saving and re-saving. It was not fun, but I did it :P

Just finished AV Map10, which is the best looking Doom level I've ever played.

PERIOD.

I don't know about the best looking, but it very well may have the best lighting of any single map out there.

Seeing all the AV posts has me playing it again !!! I do have to tone down the difficulty a bit ;)

BilboHicks said:

At one point on map12 so many imps were released, I ran across a large area walking on the heads of them.

You, Sir, are my new crowd-surfing dooming hero.

I bet it looked a lot like this...

I'm playing Momento Mori right now, I can't believe that I've never played it before (I'm doom in general about a year and half so I have plenty of megawads to play).

Just finished playing Death Tormention I & II.
Next on my list are Death Tormention III (Obviously) and Number One Kill The Next Generation.

Also I hope I can find the time to finish PRCP soon. (At map28 I think?)

Playing survive in hell and recently Equinox, whilst learning how to do map and writing my dissertation.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

You, Sir, are my new crowd-surfing dooming hero.

I bet it looked a lot like this...

LMAO, that's exactly how it was. In a section on MAP12 thousands of imps spawned into lower areas, and I had 3 or 4 archviles chasing me over the ledge from a raised area, so I ran out over the ledge hoping I had enough BFG ammo to wade through, when suddenly I surfed across the sea of imps to the furthest end. Pretty cool. I promply turned around from a safe distance and started to mow them down with the BFG :)

Just finished AD2: Urban Brawl for the first time, sat down and played it in one go as it's not that long. F-ing brilliant! Fun as hell, killer art style, multiple paths... and Scuba Steve popping out the water was hilarious. So many great details and cool things in a short time.

Hell Ground , Still absolutely amazing and by far Eternals best work.
It's certainly the best episodic wad ive ever played,if a couple of the plutonia maps weren't merely quite good i'd rank it as the best wad ever.
I'd kill for a Hell Ground 2 :P

I'm now past Map20 of Alien Vendetta once again, took me 33 minutes to beat it, not counting the reloads.

Yeah, maze levels aren't so fun with the tough enemies in tight spaces.

Playing DTWiD. I'm only up to E1M4 so far. The levels seem much longer than the original game's and they feel like they're lacking landmarks - I even got lost in E1M4!

I'm enjoying it though. I really like the secrets.

I'm playing Base Ganymede Complete.

It's really a quality wad.

I can see why the "offender" chose this Wad, when he put a Doom-wad for sale on the Apple store. I think this wad probably was the whole motivation for that move, actually...

Anyway.... Two thumbs up, Khorus

The Trooper's Playground. It's hard to believe it is from 1995. A defining wad in the like of Dystopia3. It's starting to be awesome when you are at map06 (the map that is revamped in Requiem).

Finally done with Hell Awakened. So exhausted. It's a great mapset, but tough as nails on UV, and very dark at times. Still, I heartily recommend it; Saulter has some excellent visuals and encounters (though he has a lot of teleport spam, including packs of cacodemons mixed with pain elementals).

Also played a short puzzle map by "Loki", where I rocket jumped for the first time. Pretty fun!

Prolly play Crestfallen, then DTWiD, which should be a breeze considering what I just crawled through.

Eviltech: Soul of Megawad

Truly epic classic Doom mapping. Appears conventional until map 11 (you don't even encounter any Doom II monster or get anything better than the rocket launcher), but then it blows you away with huge maps that take up to 90 minutes to complete. :) For anyone who liked DTWID, this is what you need. Classic design, big maps which won't make you get lost, great gameplay (map 31 for example is a MASSIVE Wolfenstein soldier slaughter, 600+ enemies even on easy, lol) and unusual music (ever played Doom with "She's A Maniac"?). Only drawback: Intermission texts are in Spanish. Still, highly enjoyable.

The Spanish intermissions are no problem for me. :) Anyone want a translation? :) And I'm playing that one right now too... really preferred the first 11 though... was never a fan of DOOM 2's monsters anyway (except Heavy Weapon Dude).

Well, I was asking for a translation over at the megawad thread, so I guess you could provide a translation there. :) I was able to figure out some parts via Google translate but didn't get some details. Basically, I know you are fighting through the subway lines of Buenos Aires, and the Wolfenstein soldiers are declared being the Narcopolicia (drug enforcement) or something. The last secret level aboard the Nostromo (looking forward to that one) seems to have a good story, but I didn't get it. :)

Oh yeah, and this has 34 (!) maps. Finding the bonus levels is really hard work, but it pays off.

Nicolas Monti is currently working on an Ultimate Doom megawad focussing on the "easier" style of his 2002 maps (the first eleven in Eviltech). That's already something to look forward to. :)

NightFright said:

Eviltech: Soul of Megawad

Truly epic classic Doom mapping. Appears conventional until map 11 (you don't even encounter any Doom II monster or get anything better than the rocket launcher), but then it blows you away with huge maps that take up to 90 minutes to complete. :) For anyone who liked DTWID, this is what you need. Classic design, big maps which won't make you get lost, great gameplay (map 31 for example is a MASSIVE Wolfenstein soldier slaughter, 600+ enemies even on easy, lol) and unusual music (ever played Doom with "She's A Maniac"?). Only drawback: Intermission texts are in Spanish. Still, highly enjoyable.

I was enjoying it until Map 11. Then the difficulty suddenly went up about ten notches (I was playing on UV), the monster count went through the roof and it turned from Doom 1 into Doom 2. I quit, mainly because I dislike slaughter maps and it seemed to be heading in that direction (OK, I admit I'm not a skilled enough player to handle them!)