Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
K3K

How Big Is Your WAD Folder?

Total: 3.52GB. I never realized that much space was taken just from wad files.

27.6GB in the primary directory (they're not all wads) and more scattered in other directories on the drive.

I've got all of /idgames/levels, excluding ports, with the exception of a bunch of boom-compatible megawads and episodes. I've also got a bunch of compilation CDs with a ton of wads too. I'm sure there are a bunch of duplicates in there.

All in all it totals out to 11.5GB

It's really quite amazing, I'm able to store all those Doom levels on a single 16GB USB drive.

40oz said:

I've got all of /idgames/levels, excluding ports, with the exception of a bunch of boom-compatible megawads and episodes. I've also got a bunch of compilation CDs with a ton of wads too. I'm sure there are a bunch of duplicates in there.

All in all it totals out to 11.5GB

It's really quite amazing, I'm able to store all those Doom levels on a single 16GB USB drive.

11 GB? Holy Shit :O

1.63 GB thanks to gameplay videos which I didn't upload yet.
530 MB without those videos.

!!!!!!!

My total Doom folder stands around 11.4GB. Then again, it's really messy and contains a bunch of music that takes weight, screenshots, etc.

Thanks for reminding me I really need to organize my folder...

Mine is 520mb. I have it sorted with individual author folders and I don't bother to save anything that I find crappy.

Tho I have a bunch of unsorted stuff around here somewhere...

3998 files, 311 folders

Total: 9,97 GB

Without Doom videos, Doom 3 and downloaded ZDaemon WADs.

It's not size that matters, it's what you do with it! OK, mine is small (sexual innuendo stopped in the last sentence, by the way!), just a gigabyte or so, but that's because there's no real need to store the wads locally, with a superfast connection it only tales seconds to download most anything so it makes sense to leave all the stuff on the net and access it when I need it.

aldiboronti said:

It's not size that matters, it's what you do with it!

Then I should correct my previous post to:

YOU GUYS ARE VERY LAZY!

EDIT: 999th post

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Not big enough. Make more wads people!

Finish Alpha Complex why don't you!

I have several folders, the largest being 698 Mb. Then there are all the ones that I downloaded but didn't save... those are in some secret folder that only my computer knows about. I could clear them, but I'm too lazy.

Well I'm suspecting that when I move in to my own house in the near future, there's a possibility we might not have money in the budget for internet access until i pursue a higher paying career, so I figured it would be best to store all the vanilla compatible stuff I could ever desire, and eliminate the need to scout the internet for random stuff to play. I'm surprised at Greyghost's 27GB, but he's probably got a lot of TC's and stuff too. I remember a similar thread in the Skulltag forums, where people were saying they had 100+ GB of wads. Something is seriously not right, there.

40oz said:

I remember a similar thread in the Skulltag forums, where people were saying they had 100+ GB of wads. Something is seriously not right, there.

They keep all 90238 versions of GvH and AOW thus multiplying the space.

All of 165 MB. I used to have a lot more, but I had an HDD die on me in the beginning of the year and never bothered replacing most of what I lost.

Edit: Throwing in my working directory (which wasn't lost, thankfully) brings the grand total up to 398 MB. That's with loads of backups/duplicates, graphics, and other resources.

4.34 GB worth of demos and wads. Of course, that's bound to continue growing continuously until I grow distant from this game. Admittedly, that's not likely. Off to DL more demos.

EDIT: Okay, so I found a load of demo .zips in my downloads section that need to be moved to my Doom folder. Not sure how big of a boost it is, though.

40oz said:

I'm surprised at Greyghost's 27GB, but he's probably got a lot of TC's and stuff too.

It's a mixed bag. 14.7GB of idgames archive (that's without a lot of the big files in the /idstuff directory), 450MB of video and screenshots, a few ISO images of shovelware CDs, other stuff that's unlikely to appear in the archive - like AeOD (3 releases), DRE, Nazi Auferstehung and Sonic Robo Blast 2 - plus a hell of a lot of work-in-progress maps that have been posted in the forums.