Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

So, Flash decided to start acting retarded

Flash wanted to update on my system, so I'm like "sure, I'll update Flash". So I let it do it's thing, and then every Flash-based video player displays the colors all screwed up and desynched. I'm going to reinstall it to see if it corrects the problem, but before I do, I just wanted to post this screenshot. Great job, Adobe!

Dear Sodaholic,

we're sorry about the inconvenience that our FREE product caused to your PC consisting of a haphazard collection of parts made in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Pakistan, Laos, Bangladesh, Rwanda Burundi and North Korea, over whose combination and manufacturing quality we have no control over, and whose drivers and the OS they are running under we have not written or certified ourselves for full compatibility with our products in any way. Nevertheless, feel free to ask our customer satisfaction section for a full refund.

Yours sincerely,

Adobe, Inc.

Interesting, the colour offset almost matches the player control strip for height. Is it the same with other players?

That screenshot makes me think it's just rendering in some kind of 3d anaglyph. Get out your blue and black 3d glasses!

GreyGhost said:

Interesting, the colour offset almost matches the player control strip for height. Is it the same with other players?

Indeed, the red for "what's seen so far" on the playback bar is placed correctly.

The problem goes away in fullscreen, but windowed mode is still screwed up. This didn't happen until it updated. I reinstalled it, but it didn't do anything to fix this, I'll try downgrading and report how that goes.

I get the same thing and Flash hasn't even been updated yet... and it only happens on YouTube; doesn't matter if it's fullscreen or not. It's annoying whenever there's videos there that use Flash and not HTML5.

I'm assuming Google fucked up something.

Youtube has some 3D anaglyphic graphics mode that is probably bugging out on them. It's very likely not a Flash/Adobe issue.

Problem is, I've been getting it on more than just YouTube. Blip.TV has this problem as well, any Flash video player does this.

Supposedly this issue is caused by hardware acceleration. Try right clicking on a flash video, going to settings, then clicking on the far left tab. Under display, uncheck "Enable hardware acceleration", then close out of the settings window.

I haven't had this problem, so I can't say if this works, but it seems to have helped some people.

Mine works fine, and is it because I don't have the newest version? My version is 11.2.202.228 (or as the website uses commas for periods which shows 11,2,202,228).

Snarboo said:

Supposedly this issue is caused by hardware acceleration. Try right clicking on a flash video, going to settings, then clicking on the far left tab. Under display, uncheck "Enable hardware acceleration", then close out of the settings window.

Huh, interesting, that actually worked. Even though I didn't ask for help, thanks anyway, it was just the solution. :)

Also, something completely unrelated:

Dr. Durr said:

Why the spam?

It may be totally off topic, but it's not spam.

I felt like posting it, but didn't think it warranted it's own topic. It's supposed to be a title screen of what a bad low budget Chinese 8-bit clone of sonic might look like.

Sodaholic said:

It's supposed to be a title screen of what a bad low budget Chinese 8-bit clone of sonic might look like.

I've got some of those too, and I assure you they only use top-quality sprite and art rips ;-)

Maes said:

I've got some of those too, and I assure you they only use top-quality sprite and art rips ;-)

You mean Somari? That wasn't exactly a high quality game either (not as bad as that mockup game though).

Sodaholic said:

The problem goes away in fullscreen, but windowed mode is still screwed up.

Have you tried a different web browser? The Flash plugin shouldn't be acting retarded in all of them.

Sodaholic said:

You mean Somari? That wasn't exactly a high quality game either (not as bad as that mockup game though).

Nope, I mean chinese Famiclone and Firecore knockoffs ;-) The latter even have graphics directly ripped off from Neo Geo games (e.g. from Metal Slug).

Sodaholic said:

It may be totally off topic, but it's not spam.

I felt like posting it, but didn't think it warranted it's own topic. It's supposed to be a title screen of what a bad low budget Chinese 8-bit clone of sonic might look like.

It looks more like a shitty shareware game title screen than a Chinese pirate. All it needs is an "ORDER NOW!" menu.

Flash is updated several times a week. It has caused developers headaches when what they make suddenly won't work and they have thousands complaining. Adobe loves updating.