Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
K3K

Worst Wad Of All Time?

To me the worst wad of all time is UACMN or The Sky Maybe. Your's?

Call of Dooty is an excellent piece of satire. Worst WAD would have to go to one of a certain disturbed individual's repeated attempts to gain infamy by making shitty WADs.

I personally like The Sky May Be and UACMN. I think they're hilarious.
The worst wad for me would be one of the many, many shitty 1994 levels on Maximum Doom. If I had to pick, it would probably be MAP01.WAD (one white room with nothing but a player1 start and a Romero head in it).

Auferstehung was not the worst but it was made by a total retard that could make the worst of the mods.
In my opinion wow.wad was the worst.

I want stuff that isn't done on purpose. Just shitty wads.

Perfect example-

Augerstehung.

This was pure shit, and you can tell it wasn't quite meant to be.

Same with those other wads that are just horrible sprite replacements.
IE wolfendoom (even running properly still shows a lot of issues)

Marcaek said:

Call of Dooty is an excellent piece of satire. Worst WAD would have to go to one of a certain disturbed individual's repeated attempts to gain infamy by making shitty WADs.

You mean that "robotnikkk" guy that kept posting that mod recently, or someone else?

Sodaholic said:

You mean that "robotnikkk" guy that kept posting that mod recently, or someone else?

Naming them would give them the attention they crave so badly.

DTWID, that wad was terrible.

on second though yeah this was pretty bad

the maps are all just like stock maps with 1994 level detail

Slaughterfest 2011. Just spewing another waves of monsters at player, and another, and another... wasn't nuts.wad enough?

Scypek2 said:

Slaughterfest 2011. Just spewing another waves of monsters at player, and another, and another... wasn't nuts.wad enough?

Many people enjoy stuff like that.

Krispy said:

Call of Dooty by Chubz.

So I just checked this out, and I laughed so hard I had tears.

What a great CoD parody.

It seems that it is almost a good thing to get your wads mentioned in a thread like this, coz then people go check them out.

On a totally unrelated note, all the wads I have made are the worst wads ever...

Calling 'Call of Dooty' bad would be failure to understand it.

Being someone who has developed a strong dislike for modern shooters I have to say it succeeds perfectly at ridiculing what is considered 'good' gameplay these days. This mod perfectly (and intentionally) captures nearly everything that's bad about modern shooters - but does it in a way that makes the bad really stand out.

I'd definitely nominate it for this years Mockaward.

Yeah, Call of Dooty is pretty great. Most parodies, or jokewads for that matter, are weak in their delivery and fall flat; this one is the exception to the rule, and what a brilliant one it is.

I mentioned Call of Dooty because I knew why it was made. The author was fed up with modern FPS's and made that wad. I think it's hilarious the way it was purposely, well, not bad but lame. It was well done but had absolutely horrible gameplay. On purpose, of course.

Any jokewad ever. As someone who puts everything he's got into his (currently unreleased) maps, I find it insulting that crap wads with unfunny (except to a minority of people) in-humour get any attention at all.

And 90% of what Perseus uploads.

EDIT 1: Does the tech base level of Doom 3 count? You know, that one that goes on for sixteen hours, with a bit of hell near the end for 5 minutes.

EDIT 2: The Call of Duty parody was amazing. He hit every single nail squarely on the head; I personally love Modern Warfare 2 on the special missions on co-op, but it's no match for Doom.

I dunno, any wad that has poor design, enemy and item placement, and so on. Those so-called "1994" wads.