Sign in to follow this  
KoolKat

Credits for WADs

Credits  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Credits

• Yes
    • No

Do you read the credits that are in the readme file that comes with the WAD? I do. I think if I ever release a WAD I'd want to be known for it; so I try to extend the same respect I would want.

Well, are you just talking about the level's author, or do you mean the entire credits list? Cause in addition to making the level, you have to extend the credit to everyone who designed graphics, made music, etc.

I usually at least skim the entire list.

I try to. I also read the credit graphic if the author decided to make one. For the current project that I'm doing, I have ripped a certain graphic off the web and then Photoshopped some text into it. I'll have to remember the sites and stuff that I got the music et cetera off of so I can insert that into the .txt file when I'm done. (Danny boy, I hope your lips have been sealed about this....)

I love reading credits. Dunno why, reminds me of the old times when Doom games were hot since everyone keeps using the same template for the TXT.

Zaldron said:

I love reading credits. Dunno why, reminds me of the old times when Doom games were hot since everyone keeps using the same template for the TXT.

Heh, those old credits where everyone thanks coca-cola were the inspiration for me putting Dr. Pepper in my credits list =)

Crendowing said:

OH GNO!!!!!!!!!!

/me dies

What's wrong with Dr. Pepper?

Archvile64 said:

I have no idea what the Hell it is, but Dr Pepper is good.

Archvile64 said:

What's wrong? What's WRONG? WHAT'S FUCKING WRONG WITH IT??????????? Boy, you sure do have a lot of gall....

Have you remembered earlier in my Crendowing days that I made comments on how that was all my mom ever bought? Believe me, it gets EXTREMELY boring and bland after a while.

I'll say...my DM is obsessed with it..he buys like 3 cubes a week of it. I have several cans of it every Wednesday from his house, and any other time I visit (like yesterday), I have a few as well.

Did you know that it's basicaly just carbonated prune juice? And Dr. Pepper was a real guy?

You should have heard my dad's story when he went to Pennsylvania. He asked if they had Dr Pepper, and the clerk asked "Dr who? Sir, this is a resturant." He had to special order a case from, heh, TEXAS to get what he wanted.

Crendowing said:

What's wrong? What's WRONG? WHAT'S FUCKING WRONG WITH IT??????????? Boy, you sure do have a lot of gall....

Have you remembered earlier in my Crendowing days that I made comments on how that was all my mom ever bought? Believe me, it gets EXTREMELY boring and bland after a while.

SO, SEND IT TO ME THEN!!!

I'm already getting fruit pastilles from Pritch :P (and any other Brit/Limey that wants to pitch in and help).

You should have heard my dad's story when he went to Pennsylvania. He asked if they had Dr Pepper, and the clerk asked "Dr who? Sir, this is a resturant." He had to special order a case from, heh, TEXAS to get what he wanted.

Uhm...are you sure it was PA? I've never gone anywhere in this state -- no, I take that back, this country without having easy access to Dr. Pepper. That what makes this country so great I tell you.