Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Korean Missile <!>FAIL<!>

I had half-expected that, missile test programs are a great source of spectacular failures.

They have all the labor in the world, but none of the resources. Not to mention they are far behind in their education.

How much do you wanna bet North Korea teaches its citizens that they're the first people launching satellites into space?

Nothing to bet, it's pretty straightforward. Like when they won the last soccer world cup.

I guess I should have said, "Korean Rocket Fail" because, as we all know, the living god Kim Il Sung would never lie.

I was in close proximity to a TV tuned to CNN last night so I heard about this. The part that actually intrigued me the most was when one of the commentators mentioned that the food aid that North Korea receives is referred to by Il Sung as a "tribute" to their powerful, glorious nation.

North Korea is just so pathetic in so many different ways. It's like they think they could be a serious contender in this "Cold War" thing they heard about in an old, second-hand copy of Time Magazine that they picked up at the thrift store. If NK wants to be perceived as a truly modern nation they should start fighting terrists and bitching about the economy like everybody else.

Creaphis said:

If NK wants to be perceived as a truly modern nation they should start fighting terrists and bitching about the economy like everybody else.

So they should become even less productive?

I am sure that news of the rocket's failure is just propaganda from the decadent corrupt Western imperialist powers. It actually flew to the moon where it will deploy robots to begin Il Sung's plan to colonize and terraform it.

Quasar said:

I am sure that news of the rocket's failure is just propaganda from the decadent corrupt Western imperialist powers. It actually flew to the moon where it will deploy robots to begin Il Sung's plan to colonize and terraform it.

Pffft, and miss the opportunity for some good old fashioned American fear mongering.

Easy to tell from your avatar you'd like that :D. I am currently reading Animal Farm, so this topic is particularly interesting to me.

Creaphis said:

If NK wants to be perceived as a truly modern nation they should start fighting terrists and bitching about the economy like everybody else.

Actually, they kind of do the latter: they have several news articles on their news website ( kcna.kp ) and world economy is a major category, usually filled with articles about how well they are doing, and how badly the rest of the world is faring.

OK, the former are maybe rightfully doubtful, but they do post pics of what appear to be state-of-the art plants and factories. If I were told that they do better than Greece ATM, I'd have no reason not to believe them but I'm digressing here.

But for what regards the latter, you can't really call them wrong or propagandist: they are simply stating the truth in the many articles outlining how the "capitalist nations'" prospects for 2012 are grim and gloomy, how their youth is doomed to unemployment, lack of hope, rioting, widespread dissent etc.

Quasar said:

Robots vs Nazis - sounds like a Skulltag mod.

Maes said:

they do post pics of what appear to be state-of-the art plants and factories.

Here in the West they're called "showrooms", the only ones with any degree of functionality are probably part of North Korea's nuclear program.

Quasar said:

Wait a minute...

I thought it's Nazis who have colonized the moon...

:D

It looks so. Public demonstrations happen often when there is an event regarding NK (like the bombing of an island a year ago).

From Korean Central News Agency:

DPRK′s Satellite Fails to Enter Its Orbit
Pyongyang, April 13 (KCNA) -- The DPRK launched its first application satellite Kwangmyongsong-3 at the Sohae Satellite Launching Station in Cholsan County, North Phyongan Province at 07:38:55 a.m. on Friday.
The earth observation satellite failed to enter its preset orbit.
Scientists, technicians and experts are now looking into the cause of the failure. -0-

So at least they are not in denial, at least not with a foreign audience. No idea what they tell their own people, though.