Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom64: Merciless Extermination

It's pretty rare now in days that I actually announce a megawad project here on Doomworld. For those who are new here, yes I used to make a lot of maps for Doom (and I do mean a lot) and lately I've been wanting to revisit my mapping days and decided to start on a 6-level megawad for Doom64EX. 6 maps doesn't seem like a lot but now in days I barely have time to do anything so I am keeping it at a fairly low number. If I get any extended motivation then I'll add more, so who knows.

Story
The lone marine who stayed in hell has gone mad with power and U.A.C. sends a new marine to take him out and to cover up their losses after their previous incident. Simple enough...

Features
None, these will all be plain 'vanilla' maps for Doom64EX. New textures are planned though and these new textures are meant to be a throwback to Doom1/2's texture sets, but only D64-ized. New music (not original stuff, just existing MIDi tracks with bank swaps) is also planned. There will also be a new theme (Aztec) which will leverage some assets from Turok.

Recruitment
This is meant to be a solo project but any contributions is welcomed. I'd like to see someone make Doom64-ish versions of Doom1/2 textures. Sorry, I am not accepting map contributions.

Map Progression
--Space/Tech--
Map01: Treatment Facility - Done
Screenshots:

Map02: Technical Difficulties - In Progress
Map03: Creeping Hell - N/A

--Aztec--
Map04: Temple of Malice - N/A
Screenshots:

Map05: Sacrifice Tomb - N/A
Screenshots:

--Hell--
Map06: N/A
Map07: N/A

--Texture Set--

So that's pretty much it. I'll be updating as I progress. Hope to see what you folks can come up with for the textures.

I highly approve of this to the highest degree! The shots look great though I think you've already posted some of those areas in a previous post, right?

I like the new textures. The Doom METAL set is intriguing. Those look pretty neat 64-ized, even though they aren't really all that fancy in design.

Can't wait to see and hear more about this Kaiser :D

Looks good, sounds good. I can contribute Doom64 style music if needed. I have the soundfont to work with.

That would be pretty sweet. For starters, think you can come up with something that suits Map01?

Mechadon said:

I think you've already posted some of those areas in a previous post, right?

The Aztec ones are definitely placeholders for now but they demonstrate what the level is going to look like.

Krispy said:

Looking forward to an awesome marine V marine battle.

If anything, you're just going to be fighting that same marine bot you see at the title map :P

Kaiser said:

If anything, you're just going to be fighting that same marine bot you see at the title map :P

Well, he's been in hell for some time, and he must have gone "mad with power" from something, perhaps his own hellish arsenal to spice things up? Just a suggestion. Not even that. More like a thought. :D