Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Phobosdeimos Memorial WAD?

After recently finding about Phobosdeimos1's death, do you guys think it would be appropriate to create a community megawad emulating his mapping style as a tribute to him? We could possibly call it Raw Action 2.

I'll put more thought into this when I get home.

I've asked his brother over facebook if he could find any half finished or unreleased maps that Phobosdeimos1 had on his computer, so that maybe we could polish them up and place them in Interception as maybe part of a bigger map, as tribute to him.. if any Interception mappers are willing..

What do you think, Marnetmar?

I'm actually in the process of putting together a wad of his DTWID contributions. He's done enough for two mini-episodes worth (6 maps each). I do feel as if a tribute project should be distinct, though, and I don't plan on mucking with the maps much aside from any absolutely-necessary bugfixes, but perhaps if there are any unfinished/unreleased wads of his, they could be polished up and added as a third episode to the set.

I think Deathevokation's and Xaser's ideas are great. I didn't know that guy but it looks like he gave many maps to the community.

R.I.P., Doomer.

His what?? When did this happen? No news submission or anything? I think I'm gonna give Spire Complex a good run today. If any of you haven't tried it, I'd highly recommend it. R.I.P. fellow space marine, you will be missed.

I didn't know much about him, just "Spire Complex" and DTWID, but this is still a tragic shock. I had no idea he'd passed away. This is so sad...a tribute WAD to him sounds like a nice idea, something done in the style he would have liked.

What about a Doomer memorial WAD instead for the folks who have come and passed such as Espi, Toke, engineer, Jive, etc instead for one person?

Mr. Chris said:

What about a Doomer memorial WAD instead for the folks who have come and passed such as Espi, Toke, engineer, Jive, etc instead for one person?

This sounds like a great idea. Maybe it could be a collection of maps in tribute to the late mappers' styles? Like, one map for Espi, one for Toke, one for Phobosdeimos...? I dunno. It just kind of popped into my head when reading your comment.

Mr. Chris said:

I like this idea better.