Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

Legend of Grimrock

Grimrock.net said:

And if you are a hardened dungeon crawling veteran and you crave an extra challenge, you can arm yourself with a stack of grid paper and turn on the Oldschool Mode which disables the luxury of the automap! Are you ready to venture forth and unravel the mysteries of Mount Grimrock?

<3

DuckReconMajor said:

^ paper wasting asshole

I've got plenty of old envelopes and receipts stored away just for this.

I bought this as a birthday present to myself on the 11th. It's pretty great, though I haven't been able to play it further than the fourth floor yet due to my professors refusing to accept it as a valid excuse to not complete my assignments. Adults just don't understand, man.

yes it does. grid-based and everything. watching this trailer reminded me how much i love stonekeep.
gonna have to give this one a try sometime.

This is a great game and well worth your time.

Wow this looks like an updated version of just about every dungeon RPG I've loved... Soon as I have a system they've got my money.

wolfenstein? it's a modern old-school dungeon crawler obviously made by people who love dungeon crawlers.
i just got it earlier and it is awesome. i thought arx fatalis was gonna be the last but this game has already eclipsed it.

Processingcontrol said:

meh

Looks like Wolfenstien with a high-res texture pack.

wow, kids.

yukib1t said:

The movement and environments reminded me of that episode in Serial Experiments Lain where all the kids are playing that online dungeon crawler.

Now that you say it... they were right: the future is tile-based first-person dungeon crawlers!

I'd really like to play it but it looks a bit time-consuming.

Looks interesting but something tells me this won't be available as a retail hard copy.

K!r4 said:

Now that you say it... they were right: the future is tile-based first-person dungeon crawlers!

And this isn't even the only one, there's been quite a few similar titles on DS. I haven't play Dark Spire, but at least Etrian Odysseys are totally awesome (although they put more emphasis on combat with very few traps and puzzles).

Avoozl said:

Looks interesting but something tells me this won't be available as a retail hard copy.

Its DRM-free on GOG. You could burn it to a disc.

caco_killer said:

Its DRM-free on GOG. You could burn it to a disc.

Not if I don't have good internet which is why I want a hard copy to exist in the first place. :P

Then you can buy it and ask a friend to download with your account, burn and send you the game.

Beat the game on normal difficulty (non-old school mode, because I'm a pussy). My one and only complaint about the game is that it isn't longer. Took me about 16 hours, and I think I found most of the secrets. You'd think a few extra levels wouldn't be too hard to produce considering the entire game consists of copy & paste wall sections :p.

Still, it's really fantastic. And I guess if you're playing it without the aid of the automap then it would last much longer.

DoomUK said:

Beat the game on normal difficulty (non-old school mode, because I'm a pussy). My one and only complaint about the game is that it isn't longer. Took me about 16 hours, and I think I found most of the secrets. You'd think a few extra levels wouldn't be too hard to produce considering the entire game consists of copy & paste wall sections :p.

Enter DLC expansions.