Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Massachusetts Tea Party Rally Quickly Turns Into Hate Rally

Not to rag on Tea Partiers, but when you invite a self-proclaimed bigot to speak at your rally, expect to be classified as bigots yourselves.

Anyway, to sum it up:

Arrests, police misconduct, and still more infringements on the First Amendment went down in the Bay State on Sunday afternoon.

Really, neither group was in the wrong as far as free speech goes, I suppose.

EDIT: Here is a Huffington Post article if you don't want to wade through the commentary found in the Daily Kos writeup.

Marnetmar said:

The Tea Party actually used to be good until they were hijacked by bigoted neocon assholes.

The GOP needs to reform as they have done nothing but shoot themselves in the foot with bigotry and sexism this whole year*. The repubs are funding these rallies and it's been nothing but self-destructive at this point.

EDIT: Now with video!

EDIT: Four month, apparently, qualifies as a year to me.

But... did anybody eat da poo poo?

But yeah, I was okay with the Tea Party when the racist, homophobic, xenophobic elements were present, but generally pushed towards the fringe of the movement. It was originally presented as a fiscal conservative movement, and since then I'd imagine anyone with half a brain who felt that it should remain as such has left and not looked back. It was never really supposed to be about social issues, it was supposed to be about economic issues. And now it's become a podium and a banner for some of the most vitriolic, disgusting, and idiotic people in the country.

How is calling people faggots going to help their cause? I mean, because quite clearly calling people niggers really stopped the civil rights movement. Even if you're remotely on the fence on an issue, as soon as you see the lengths the extremists are willing to go to on social issues most rational people will say "Well fuck that, those people are just fucking cray" and walk away.

I almost want to say that it's amazing how ignorant and backwards people can be, then I think of all the other examples and I realize it's really not amazing.

The two-party system is alive and well in the U.S. and the politicians will be damned if they let any out-of-the-box thinkers ruin their fun by showing people an alternative to Republicans or Democrats. I'm actually starting to believe that much of the Tea Party HAS indeed been hijacked. Jello's right, it was supposed to be about fiscal issues, more freedom, and shrinking the size of government, not about queer-bashing. Oh well, no matter who we get as prez, it'll just be more of the same I guess.

Vordakk said:

I'm actually starting to believe that much of the Tea Party HAS indeed been hijacked.

Welcome to 2009.

I don't get where all this "the tea party used to be good" talk comes from, I thought they were always hiding this (let's face it) Fundamentalist Christian agenda beneath the surface. You didn't have to look very deep into the list of politicians who supported it right off the bat to see that they also had the "god hates fags" crew on board as well.

Shaikoten said:

I don't get where all this "the tea party used to be good" talk comes from, I thought they were always hiding this (let's face it) Fundamentalist Christian agenda beneath the surface. You didn't have to look very deep into the list of politicians who supported it right off the bat to see that they also had the "god hates fags" crew on board as well.

Nah, dude. I went to a number of Tea Party rallies in my area very early on and the people there were completely concerned with the things I outlined earlier. You had all types in the crowd and nobody gave a fuck who was who. Sure, "the politicians who supported it" may have been a bunch of shits, but that just argues the point that it was later hijacked by those same assholes.

God hates sin full stop. Why Christians only focus on homosexuality is odd. Why not take up the mockery that marriage is these days? Or theft? Or the many other prevalent issues he says not to do :/

Vordakk said:

The two-party system is alive and well in the U.S. and the politicians will be damned if they let any out-of-the-box thinkers ruin their fun by showing people an alternative to Republicans or Democrats.

I was under the impression that the US is a one-party state, though that party has conveniently split along factional lines (moderates vs. conservatives) in order to give voters the illusion of choice.

GreyGhost said:

I was under the impression that the US is a one-party state, though that party has conveniently split along factional lines (moderates vs. conservatives) in order to give voters the illusion of choice.

You hit the nail on the head. When ever one "party" starts pointing the finger at the other, all they are doing is attempting to distract people while they sweep there involvement under the same rug. Given the fact that no matter what party holds the majority in the US government nothing changes and the fact that there are so many long standing issues, one would think more people would wise up. I mean how many more politicians from both sides have to push trickle down economics before people start to see it for what it is?

Planky said:

God hates sin full stop. Why Christians only focus on homosexuality is odd. Why not take up the mockery that marriage is these days? Or theft? Or the many other prevalent issues he says not to do :/

Because homosexuality is the low hanging fruit, I suppose. And there's far too much work involved tackling everything else.

The GOP needs to reform as they have done nothing but shoot themselves in the foot with bigotry and sexism this whole year*.

Are they? People are eating this shit up. Latest poll numbers put Romney ahead of Obama by 5 points.

Notably, Jesus denounced and even drove out with a whip on one occasion the thieves, money changers, and usurers of his day, while never once uttering a single word in the entire Bible about homosexuals.

Guess who currently runs our country (into the ground)?

Quasar said:

Notably, Jesus denounced and even drove out with a whip on one occasion the thieves, money changers, and usurers of his day, while never once uttering a single word in the entire Bible about homosexuals.

Guess who currently runs our country (into the ground)?

Oh yeah, this isn't your old timey Jesus we're talking about here. This here's 'MERICAN JESUS!

Also http://montaraventures.com/blog/wp-content/2011/02/real-jesus-vs-republican-jesus-590x823.jpg

GreyGhost said:

I should have put "two-party system" in quotation marks. Two-party system in America means one group that's split into two sides that pretend to disagree about stuff.

Quasar said:

Jesus may not have, but paul did.

So is Rand Paul going to be VP in a Romney-Paul ticket or what? I mean, he is a Tea Party Republican senator from Kentucky and all.

As for the Tea Party in general, I yawned heavily at their activism after they got hijacked by the neo cons or the Republican Party if you will.

Don't Americans want a New Deal President again instead of a Wall Street puppet?

udderdude said:

Oh, Ted Nugent. His yearly crazy-streak always brings a good laugh. Hopefully next year he'll purposefully break the law to vindicate his rampant paranoia... supposing the Obama Death Camps don't get to him first.

Ted Nugent said:

We need to ride into the battlefield and chop their heads of in November.

Oh? And how will you be getting out of the draft this time around, Ted?

Anyway, this guy is an idiot. I hope he does land himself in jail.

MRB_Doom said:

Don't Americans want a New Deal President again instead of a Wall Street puppet?

What's the difference?

chungy said:

What's the difference?

Well a New Deal President would raise the standards of living in the U.S. Also, put a five year freeze on foreclosures or the duration of the crisis. Obama has done nothing of the sort.

The standards of living in the United States has declined by two-thirds since Eisenhower and Kennedy. Sure, LBJ introduced the Great Society in the 1960s and I think that was a pretty big contribution to the American population. Of course, it can be upgraded and improved but the importance is that it came into fruition in the country itself.

Being an agent of finance capital does not improve the world, especially if you're the U.S. President. Finance oligarchs are the enemy because they have the military industrial complex as their "technicians" in case of any sort of awakening in a country or region.

I'm not saying that they are not real terrorists in the world, but the ones who have the most power and technical capability to conduct massive operations usually comes from the military of each nation that uses the technique of counter-insurgency or counter-gangs, called low-intensity operations.

Google Frank Kitson for more details.

Want to end the wars? Put a Wall Street sales tax of one per cent on all financial transactions, get the word out about state sponsored, false flag terrorism, that's synthetic btw.

I do not want to live in a global oligarchy. I'm more of a meritocracy guy.

MRB_Doom said:

I'm not saying that they are not real terrorists in the world, but the ones who have the most power and technical capability to conduct massive operations usually comes from the military of each nation that uses the technique of counter-insurgency or counter-gangs, called low-intensity operations.

That's ok. I will say it gladly, though. They are the real terrorists and their actions, either directly or indirectly, have inspired the reactions of the terrorists we are spending time fruitlessly fighting.

Jello said:
But yeah, I was okay with the Tea Party when the racist, homophobic, xenophobic elements were present, but generally pushed towards the fringe of the movement. It was originally presented as a fiscal conservative movement, and since then I'd imagine anyone with half a brain who felt that it should remain as such has left and not looked back. It was never really supposed to be about social issues, it was supposed to be about economic issues. And now it's become a podium and a banner for some of the most vitriolic, disgusting, and idiotic people in the country.

Social conservatives are to a large degree smaller fiscal conservatives who are scared of becoming poor and distrustful of poorer people they meet face to face (who are stereotyped as lazy thieves in the process). The social liberalism of richer fiscal conservatives works as long as their purse isn't touched, otherwise, they can find the social conservatives somewhat useful as angry supporters, rough cops, or general dissent and division in the streets so that people won't join up like commies and oppose their supremacy.

How is calling people faggots going to help their cause? I mean, because quite clearly calling people niggers really stopped the civil rights movement. Even if you're remotely on the fence on an issue, as soon as you see the lengths the extremists are willing to go to on social issues most rational people will say "Well fuck that, those people are just fucking cray" and walk away.

What "helps the cause" is the use of force and fear. This comes when reasons start to fail. Conservatives that see that populations aren't buying the supposed eventual "trickle-down" benefits of their policies and ideas start using other less pretty means to gain time or retain political strength.

Fiscal conservatism requires an economic tightness that eventually finds itself in the realm of ideas as spiritual tightness, so there are many points of symbiosis between the two types of conservatism.