Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Doom_Dude

Dishonored

There's not that many newfangled games that get announced of which get me interested but Arkane Studios (Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah) has reemerged. This Dishonored game looks like it's shaping up nicely.

You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the beloved Empress. Framed for her murder, you become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card. In a time of uncertainty, when the city is being besieged by plague and ruled by an oppressive government armed with neo-industrial technologies, dark forces conspire to bestow upon you, abilities beyond those of any common man – but at what cost? The truth behind your betrayal is as murky as the waters surrounding the city, and the life you once had is gone forever.

Official site --> here

Debut Trailer

Interview

I'd want more details on the PC version (like FOV, disable mouse smoothing and number of frames per second) but I am really enthusiastic about this one.

The art director worked on HL2, in case someone wonder why it has visual similarities with City 17.

A contact who has seen the game told me there is no auto-regen.

Totally keeping an eye on this because it looks really freaking cool. Reminds me of Thief a bit. Any ideas if it's first-person or not? Edit: okay, so I'm gathering that it is from the interview. Looks very promising!

Went to their website... Why do their screenshots look so different from their trailer?

K!r4 said:

The art director worked on HL2, in case someone wonder why it has visual similarities with City 17.

I totally got that HL2 vibe from it before knowing that. I certainly like the look of it all.

K!r4 said:

Because the trailer isn't ingame.

I thought the part right after he puts the mask on and when he drops on the dude was in-game, but I guess that's not the case.