Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MRB_Doom

Explosion, fireball reported in Nevada, California

Cool. I've only seen one, when I was about five years old. I was riding home from picking up a pizza with my parents and it flew right over our car, my dad pulled over and we got out and watched it. Couldn't see it too well because of all the trees, though.

Space debris is attracted to earth by it's gravitational pull and is disintegrated by the friction of our atmosphere. You can't explain that!

Probably the government increasing gravity, to enslave us somehow. Or just Scientology again.

I do love a good meteor shower though, I think it was the Leonids that were exceptionally dense around 5 years ago with over 20 shooting stars a minute. Never exploding or brightly flashing though.

GreyGhost said:

my bad

oh btw HERPI-DERP! SLADE refused to work on my PC since my windowsXP claims that a certain .dll is missing even tho I downloaded the piece of hell. gosh I backup every single time I use XWE these days

so we need to find Quasar before his body starts to generate high powered gamma radiation upon reading this text

That's pretty crazy! If I were near that place, I would probably look for the fireball in a telescope and then get a video camera to record it falling down to the surface of the earth!

NitroactiveStudios said:

That's pretty crazy! If I were near that place, I would probably look for the fireball in a telescope and then get a video camera to record it falling down to the surface of the earth!

It happened pretty instantaneous and without much warning to the commoner.

D_GARG said:

SLADE refused to work on my PC since my windowsXP claims that a certain .dll is missing even tho I downloaded the piece of hell.

Did you also download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime? That usually solves the "missing .dll" issue.

NitroactiveStudios said:

If I were near that place, I would probably look for the fireball in a telescope and then get a video camera to record it falling down to the surface of the earth!

Which means you'll be looking for meteors that are obliging enough to strike the atmosphere at a shallow angle, which should slow them sufficiently for you to aim a camera at them. Most have a steeper angle of entry, so you mightn't have time to point anything better than a mobile phone at them.

Dude if one of those meteors hit not far from where I live I would get in my car and go check it out.