Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

fun wads you find in archives

I, being bored, and in the mood for a dungeon adventure, decided to search the archives for a dungeon themed level and found this little gem. While it wasn't quite what I had in mind (being too open and having generally too much of a doom 2 quality overall) it having nice production values and a well implemented concept requiring interesting stratagems, I found myself liking the level quite a lot, and so thought I'd share it with the rest of doomworld.

It's fun to search the archives for lost gems that have fallen through the cracks. If you find a good level from forgotten days gone by, why not share it with the rest of us?

Hellbent said:

Well, I am really impressed by this map and am hoping by posting some screenshots people will download it and give this map its due! I think it's really well designed. Great Gameplay.

This is a great map. I have it sitting on my desktop, and have played it from time to time. It got posted in another thread like 6 months back or something, and have played it through a number of times since then.

And now, an old classic...

BLSIDE2.WAD by Scott Harper

I would also post a link to a wad called something like "Cor_Hell.wad" but I can't find it.

Neither of these are 'forgotten', but it never hurts to keep them in the dooming consciousness either.

The Send Coffee wads are quite nice!

This thread is of general interest. Way to not miss interesting levels, thanks guys!

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

This is a great map. I have it sitting on my desktop, and have played it from time to time. It got posted in another thread like 6 months back or something, and have played it through a number of times since then.

And now, an old classic...

BLSIDE2.WAD by Scott Harper

I would also post a link to a wad called something like "Cor_Hell.wad" but I can't find it.

Neither of these are 'forgotten', but it never hurts to keep them in the dooming consciousness either.

Fantastic. I suppose you guys notice the date on this one. 1 month and one week after doom 2 came out. Pretty impressive. It doesn't get more classic than that.

I found a megasphere and died while trying to get some mancs, chaingunners and cacos infighting in a cool gated pit area. A cyberdemon rocket found its way to me
from one of the teleporting towers. O_O

Was this map revamped in one fo the '94 revamp projects?

Dragonsbrethren said:

Just reviewed this for /newstuff. 90s wad that really captures the feel of Doom 2.

You mean 90s style wad. Unless this is a wad from the 90s that is way posthumously uploaded to the archives. I like it. Definitely deserves more than 2 stars which is its current rating. I died, but I will try again now.

I'll check out oracle soon.

Hellbent said:

You mean 90s style wad. Unless this is a wad from the 90s that is way posthumously uploaded to the archives.

Just look at the text file.

Uploaded by Perseus (jwc<numbers>@gmail.com)
<snip>

Base : PWAD constructed from scratch
Editor(s) used : WADED version 1.49

<snip>

* Where to get this PWAD file *

FTP sites:

BBS sites: Blue Ridge Express BBS @ 804-790-9600 (14.4)
Boardwalk BBS @ 804-323-1134 (14.4)

Other: America Online (AOL)

Also, nobody has any idea what "MoDOOM" is anymore.

Woohoo. Found it.

For your gaming pleasure, I present my other favorite 90's wad.

CORHELL.WAD

I know it is on the archives somewhere, but I found this link first.

Enjoy.

[edit] Soz 4 the mistyping.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Woohoo. Found it.

For your gaming pleasure, I present my other favorite 90's wad.

CORHELL.WAD

I know it is on the archives somewhere, but I found this link first.

Enjoy.

Wow, great wad! especially the start.

Memfis said:

The Puzzler
The first puzzle alone made my brain explode. Insane shit.

Puzzling indeed. Which puzzle are you talking about? On map01 I iddt'd for the one where there are 3 winding hallways and a long wall with sky texture, cuz I thought I was stuck, and I looked in doom builder for that damn teleporter puzzle. On map03 now.

TimeOfDeath said:

Which puzzle are you talking about?

That one with 12 switches and moving floors. I'm still not sure if I got it right because I use straferunning to get on top, but somehow I don't think that the author knew about it.