Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here's a mini-episode I'm working on right now. These are the first two levels of a planned 10.

You have been caught pillaging a city in a neighboring country. Your sentence was originally to be death, but you struck a plea bargain with the King. He has agreed to let you live, if you should be able to rid his kingdom of the ogre at the bottom of a dungeon nearby. If you don't survive, well, you're just a common criminal, nobody cares.

Requires gothictx.wad

*See latest posts for new downloads

screenies:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yes I know they lack detail. I'm making these levels in the spirit of old dungeon crawl games.

OK just finished it. It's pretty neat, actually... a bit flat but it actually gives a sense of exploration, which is something I really miss in most PWADs.

Aside from the music, the other thing I would suggest is to fix the walls on the crushers. A lower unpegged on those linedefs should fix that. Also, you might want to make the exits a bit more obvious... unless having them as stairs leading down (with no real height variance in the rest of the map) being the clue.

No cyberdemons or arch-viles in MAP01. At last, someone who doesn't overuse these monsters.

No cyberdemons or arch-viles in MAP01. At last, someone who doesn't overuse these monsters.

Fleeing threads to rehash your silly opinions in other topics under the guise of providing feedback doesn't make your opinions any less silly. It just makes you look angry and petty.

Just FYI, but I'm sure you won't hear any of it because you know better than everyone else, right?

OK just finished your 3 maps, here's my rundown:

Map01 seems like pretty good starting map, i like the exploration bits. However, it seems like too many of your monsters are waking up early. I also liked the crusher, it actually got me.

Map02 i liked a little more, it felt a bit samey in comparison to the first map though. Monster placement seems better on this map. You crusher failed to get me this time but i was still suprised!

Map03 i liked the most. The starting area was quite "punchy". I also enjoyed the difficulty spike at the end.

Overall i'd say the things that need to be worked on the most are monster placement and detail, in my opinion. I had fun though!

Thanks dude. I'm having fun making this set. I might actually expand it to a full megawad if enough ideas arise. I am not going to detail this any more though, I want this to be a throwback to old dungeon crawl 3d games.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I am not going to detail this any more though, I want this to be a throwback to old dungeon crawl 3d games.

Yeah i apologize for that, i skimmed through you post and missed the last part.

Phml said:

Fleeing threads to rehash your silly opinions in other topics under the guise of providing feedback doesn't make your opinions any less silly. It just makes you look angry and petty.

Just FYI, but I'm sure you won't hear any of it because you know better than everyone else, right?

Stop with all the hate man. Let him give feedback and express his opinion.