Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

12 Prostitutes in Greece found HIV positive [now 30]

Their mugshots and full-body photos (clothed) were published in all of our media (link). For some reason all outlets have 11 photos instead of 12, duh.

All but number 8 (from Poland) and 11 (from Bulgaria) are Greek nationals. Calling their photos and faces "neorealist" would be an understatement. Their birth dates are also a WTF, as the oldest of them would be 35 yo and the youngest 18... but you would never guess that from the faces alone.

Some of them carry obvious cigarette/cigar burns, bruises and signs of beatings and/or drug use. Or maybe early symptoms of Kaposi's sarcoma.

It's of course a social tragedy, but I seriously wonder who the fuck (pardon the pun) would have paid to go with any of them...

Edit: since I first posted this, other 5 confirmed cases have been added to the list. Now with photos. (total 17)

For some reason, they took their photos in some sort of basement this time and with a crappier camera.

Edit 2: more cases have been confirmed and new batches of photos are popping up.

A single one... (total 18)
A new batch of 6 (total 24)

Latest news speak of "30 total", so there are probably more coming.

Edit 3: Yup, here are 5 more. Total should be 30(?)

What you do in your personal time is your own business.

(I couldn't help from quipping about that **)

Yeah, it's the drugs. I see people like that at the main station each day. It's like the pictures they show you in school to scare you off drugs.

boris said:

Yeah, it's the drugs.

Or worse, the wasting caused by HIV, at least on a couple of them.

Edit: at least the comments underneath the article show a remnant of -relative- humanity, complaining how these poor souls which are obviously outcasts are put under the spotlight right away, while big-time embezzlers that ruined our country are "under personal data protection.

So how many institutions were involved in serious ethical breaches here? Surely the media and whoever released the info... :/

Maes said:

I seriously wonder who the fuck (pardon the pun) would have paid to go with any of them...

You're a cruel bastard. But to answer the question: low standards, beer goggles, desperation for sex, and money to burn.

In all fairness a couple of them might look reasonably attractive if they hadn't destroyed themselves with narcotics and got beaten up several times due to an occupational hazard of being a prostitute.

Aliotroph? said:

Surely the media and whoever released the info... :/

How about the police? The other media simply replicated this public report. The police published their names, birthdate, parent's name, and even city and zone of residence, except for number 6 and 9 who are referred to as "homeless".

@DoomUK: well, considering that a shag in a "proper" brothel would go for Eur 40 at the very least, you could say that the Eur 20 those poor souls charge on average is a bargain or at least a cheaper alternative for the most deprived, more desperate of horndogs that seriously can't find a better use for that amount of money and still have the energy to go around on some of the world's the most dangerous streets in order to do that. The news articles report that the prostitutes consented to unprotected sex for just a little "extra" (e.g. 10 more Euros)

Correction: the "12 prostitutes" figure results if you also count one that was caught some days earlier, and which has had 1500 (!) confirmed "clients" Panic in Athens After Russian Prostitute Found to Be HIV Carrier.

What makes this story unsettling is that these 12 prostitutes were discovered over a sample of 96 in a recent police sweep....so that's a 12.5% infection ratio we're looking at.

Also, PROTIP by our health minister: "Don't have sex with illegal prostitutes".

I can't think of a better way to alert possible clients that they may have acquired HIV, but giving their parents names and weight and such has no other purpose then to shame them.

Technician said:

I can't think of a better way to alert possible clients that they may have acquired HIV, but giving their parents names and weight and such has no other purpose then to shame them.

Well their faces are the only thing their clients will probably remember (and then again, with great difficulty, since most such encounters occur in dark places).

The rest is purely police procedure. Providing their actual full name is probably useless to anyone but the most callous of bureaucrats, and once you provided that then you also "must" provide the parents' names and birthdate, just in case they have the same exact name with someone unrelated.

I know a girl who had spent some time locked up. Drugs. When she got out she looked fantastic and seemed to have her shit together. Very beautiful girl, very hot, but she soon fell back into heroin and it was very shocking to see the physical change.

There are plenty that would pay for a prostitute that looks like that. The addiction cycle is the same for the sex addict as it is for the drug addict.

Why are all of their eyes/nose so messed up? Is that really what Greek women look like?

bytor said:

There are plenty that would pay for a prostitute that looks like that.

Charles Bukowski maybe. But then again, even he would only "pay" $5 (adjusted for inflation) and maybe throw in (or more likely, at them) a bottle of nasty cheap wine to seal the deal.

AndrewB said:

Why are all of their eyes/nose so messed up? Is that really what Greek women look like?

Most of them use heavy makeup in order to conceal the dark circles around their eyes, and don't forget that in general they are bound to be very fatigued/not particularly cheerful because of their jobs and the situation they are photographed in (they were arrested and probably roughened up by the police).

Didn't notice anything weird about most noses, other than that the "tomboy" looking one (number #3) has had a (now dried) bleedy nose, other than one big dried clot of blood on her chin, possibly indicating a beating or a bad infection/burn.

A few had what appears to be dried up mucus or crud around their nostrils (ewww) but other than that, I didn't see anything really messed up or particularly characteristic. Two of them aren't even Greek (#8 and #11).

AndrewB said:

No the men just get drunk and slap them around.

Maes said:

Didn't notice anything weird about most noses, other than that the "tomboy" looking one (number #3) has had a (now dried) bleedy nose

Wait, that was a female? I thought it was a cross-dresser.

Technician said:

No the men just get drunk and slap them around.

Wait, that was a female? I thought it was a cross-dresser.

The crap on her chin looks like a goatee, which makes her look quite a lot more masculine.

I feel really bad for all these girls :/ what a horrible life experience.

Maes said:

Didn't notice anything weird about most noses, other than that the "tomboy" looking one (number #3) has had a (now dried) bleedy nose

I'm not talking about anything cosmetic or temporary. I mean the bone structure in their faces just creeps me the hell out. It seems their eyes are farther apart and their nose is wider than white people in general. It gives them a masculine, almost neanderthal look. And it's not just one or two of them. Pretty much all of them have this. I've never noticed this in other European women, so I'm wondering if it's a regional thing.

I wouldn't bang a single one of those. Guess I'm safe. That and I'll probably never be in Greece.

Thankfully they're off the street and can get help.

AndrewB said:

I mean the bone structure in their faces just creeps me the hell out. It seems their eyes are farther apart and their nose is wider than white people in general.

I understand what you mean, I too could probably tell apart e.g. a German from a British and a Slavic woman in most cases, as there are some typical features. Again, depends on who you consider as a characteristic specimen. Sure not all French women have perfect French noses, not all Irish women look like Celtic fairies and not all Slavic women look like a Tzar would go crazy over them anytime soon.

OTOH, with people from the Balkans you can't really be sure. Number #4 could easily pass for more "European" and easily has the prettiest face among all of them. #11 would indeed match my idea of Bulgarians and looks a bit like a couple of "Macedonian" girls neighbouring me. #8 hardly looks Polish at all, at least not according to the idealized idea most people here have. However, among the rest, there's none I could call "typical Greek".

AndrewB said:

It gives them a masculine, almost neanderthal look.

What I see in most faces are marks of hardships such as childhood illnesses, fetal alcohol syndrome, bad nutrition, early drug use, stunted development and even some degree of mental retardation, which tend to make someone ugly. I suppose this includes symptoms like general face asymmetry, flattened noses etc. (that "Neanderthal look" you mentioned), but I'm not a medical doctor.

geo said:

Thankfully they're off the street and can get help.

I wouldn't bet too much on either, especially the latter, and definitively not for long.

Most seem to have the "Innsmouth Look." Very interesting to see in real life, but probably very bad news for Greece.

Even more tragically, some tabloid published an obviously fabricated and grossly exaggerated creepypasta (in Greek) of "Number #11" or "Snezhana Ilieva"'s life.

It can be summed up as this: she lived happily until the age of 12 in the Bulgarian town of "Κazanlak" working as a rose picker, but then was found to be pregnant and was tied to the hooves of a horse and her belly was carved with the word "shame" by her own parents, and then the horse dragged her to Greece for 200 km and here she was pimped by pimps and drug pushers who always were political and police eminences etc. and she was even used as a gestation vessel for policemen families, until 2009 where she was subjected to an uterectomy.

Back to the present day her mother in Bulgaria sees her face after 16 years on the internet and commits suicice by hanging herself from a butcher's hook.

Uhh, so some whores, of all people, are found carrying STDs. What's the news here?

From what I understand of this thread, the news is that virtually almost everyone in Greece has fucked them without condoms so they are all afraid. That or it's the tabloid version.

K!r4 said:

From what I understand of this thread, the news is that virtually almost everyone in Greece has fucked them without condoms

In other words, the news is that Greeks are fucking idiots (pun intended).

Well, considering the state of their economy that's hardly any news.

Nomad said:

I wouldn't bang. Guess I'm safe. That and I'll probably never be in Greece. Unless I'm there to visit Maes. Who I wouldn't bang, for fear of FORCED and PAINFUL Chocolate Shotgun

DuckReconMajor said:

Stuff

That could explain one man's jaded experiences with the opposite sex.