Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ermacaz

Doom Connector Revival

Hello all,

We are trying to start a revival of doom connector. Many of you used to use this service in the early-mid 2000's before it initially went down; the service has been back since then but many of you old members seem to have moved on or forgotten.

We want to bring back the community it produced as well as welcome newcomers. While forums like this have helped preserve the online doom community it does not compare to a live chat in a game lobby style.

This idea initially started as a ORB clan regrouping but others have so far joined in as well to where we have generally several games a day, but we know this can easily grow with your help. Please come join and play doom together with future friends once again. Even if you log in and don't see many people around yet just start idling to build a community members list. As it grows and more people are on more will be active and starting games.

So please, come join us for just one more game of doom

http://home.comcast.net/~mrrocket/dcsite_finals/DC3Setup.exe

I thought DC was already revived by Zorcher?

Plus if you want to get more people, you'd have to write a Linux client in a nice widget toolkit that everyone likes and uses and one that isn't QT or wx.

GhostlyDeath said:

I thought DC was already revived by Zorcher?

Plus if you want to get more people, you'd have to write a Linux client in a nice widget toolkit that everyone likes and uses and one that isn't QT or wx.

What's wrong with Qt or wx? What portable widget toolkit would you suggest? Tk?

Too many multiplayer ports, not enough multiplayers.

Reminded me of years ago, a few friends messing around with mapping and releasing an utterly terrible wad. Unfortunately, most of them seem to have moved on from Doom since then, so my interest in the whole thing is lacking.

Doom Connector was my first online Dooming experience... though I'm not entirely certain I miss it. Certainly I miss playing Doom online as often as I used to, but Doom Connector just seems so unnecessary. It's easy enough as it is to hop on a Doom-related IRC channel and arrange a game with somebody that way.

I agree with Spork. Also, my involvement with DC coincided with a pretty low point in my life, so I'd rather not dig those memories up.

I disagree with Spork and exp. (in a most cordial manner, of course)

Hi MegaZzZeux (hellbent = Grotug)

Sup Grotug...I remember me and you playing that one DM wad a lot, Greenwar or something like that?