Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Plutonia on Nightmare.

What you're doing is insanity wrapped in madness with an extra coat of wacky.

Okay, on Map 03 now. Map 02 was slightly less hard than map 01. The room that gave me the most trouble this time was the one with the yellow switch/red skull key section. I kept getting borked by the chaingunners (what else is new, i know) in that room.

@Use3d: Yes, I am aware of this :)

Well, I'm in map 04 now. It truly is a crazy fireball fest. I'm in the room where the 4 barons 'port in. I'll let you guys know if and when I get through this map.

props for tryin'.

See you on the far side of the icon. :D

good luck I mean getting through Plutonia on ultra violence was tough enough. I always thought going through it on nightmare was insane, and nearly impossible.

MAP02 took a lot out of me. The canyon with the thin invisible bridge and the revenant sniper was the worst.

Okay so my savegame broke so I've decide to do the rest of the maps from pistol start. Working on map 05 and 06 right now. Map 06 seems a lot easier on nightmare, not as many hitscanners. In the final room now with the revenant insanity and cyberdemon.

Hate it when that happens, savegame corruption that is.

I back mine up every play session (as long as the program's running) outside of the game when I take a break, typically every 2-3 levels, so in the event of corruption I can readily replace them. You could also save twice, the first with progressive saves and the other as a backup start save for the level (but preserving all progress of the other levels by updating it when you move onto a new map). The backup save is good in case you goof up too much on your primary save and save it at a really bad time.

Let it be known that I have just completed map 06 on NM.

E: UV is gonna feel really easy after this isn't it?

E: I actually find map 06 to be the easiest level so far, I might even be able to make a demo of my route so look for it over the next week or so.

I completed Map04 and immediately cracked open a beer. It's been a long while since I've played Doom at all - never mind on Nightmare! setting. Not even going to try Map05 for now for fear of the Mastermind/Chaingunner wing.