Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Blastfrog

W_CacheLumpNum

So, I'm trying to port E3M1 of Chex Quest 3 to vanilla Doom, and I get this error as soon as I open the door to the large circular room. I'm clueless what's causing this. I tried looking it up, but I'm still not sure what the cause of the error is.

GhostlyDeath said:

Are there any extra flats? textures? sprites?

Yes to all 3. Thing is, the level actually loads just fine, it's when I enter the large circular room that it crashes. The large circular room doesn't have a large amount of texture variation at all.

Are you attempting to make it a stand-alone IWAD or something? Is the appropriate door sound (normal or blazing) actually present?

Do you get the same bug if you noclip through the door instead of opening it? How about idkfa-ing to open the locked door at the start?

Gez said:

Do you get the same bug if you noclip through the door instead of opening it? How about idkfa-ing to open the locked door at the start?

Yes to both.

If I play the level in the automap, it runs just fine. When I exit the automap, that's when it crashes.

Then I guess it is a texture. Or maybe a flat. There's a missing flat right behind that fateful door, CFLOOR6_2. It's used in sectors 42, 139, 140 and 141.

Ok, I took a go at this. I think the issue is that Doom is loading your TEXTURE1 lump *and* Doom's TEXTURE2 lump. This screws up SW1WOOD, SW2WOOD, and probably many others. Maybe try a 0-length TEXTURE2 lump, or a TEXTURE2 lump with one entry.

Maybe, you'll also need to define all the standard Doom switch textures, as Doom treats those specially.