Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

[B0S] Presents... A.L.T. (not my work)

First of all, I must say that this wad isn't my work, and I'm not a member of this clan but because of the inactivity of Lainos, I found necessary to make a thread to this WAD.

Lanios and his Russian Doom clan, [B.0.S] have made a WAD previously (http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=968874) and now, they relased a complete megaWAD. I know that because I'm speaking with Lainos via Youtube.

Here's a video:

An here's a download link: http://bosdoom.clan.su/load/0-0-0-19-20

PS.: I think it's quite a great stuff.

Some of those areas look amazing.

Thanks Katamori, good job.

Lainos sent me this on Youtube, I'll probably be doing a blind Let's Play of it in the future. :)

That other Russian megawad that came out a while back... Hero's Tales or something like that it was called. Was that by the same bunch of guys, by any chance?

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

That other Russian megawad that came out a while back... Hero's Tales or something like that it was called. Was that by the same bunch of guys, by any chance?

A.L.T. megaWAD is by [B0S] clan. It has no relation to Heroes' Tales.

We would not release A.L.T. here until V1.1. :( I suggest you don't play and wait for official V1.1 release here.

Lanios and his Russian Doom clan, [B.0.S] have made a WAD previously (http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthr...p?postid=968874)

And we made Da Will previously.)))

Why doesn't they upload them on idgames? They look awesome!

Because this is not the final version. So please report bugs and post suggestions if you notice something. :)

Lainos said:

We would not release A.L.T. here until V1.1. :( I suggest you don't play and wait for official V1.1 release here.

Oh...then, I'm sorry for my posting.

Memfis said:

Because this is not the final version. So please report bugs and post suggestions if you notice something. :)

I see... same for Heroes' Tales?

fdas for first 5 maps

I didn't have a slightest idea what to do in map 5 and just wandered around for 10 minutes... Actually I still don't have idea what was I supposed to do. I grabbed one sphere through wall in map 3 and some traps were dumb, also sounds replacement is not what I'm too fond of. I don't mind if it's just a few sounds like usually eternal's stuff, but this was a little too much. But overall I liked it so far. If majority of maps will be similar to map 3, then cool.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/alt-j4.zip

I stared at that panel a while thinking if it's worth shooting at it and wasting more ammo... somewhat settled with "no" because it looked totally ordinary. It could be made a little bit more obvious.

I CLEVed around this a little bit just to check it out, and I'm very excited to play it. Two things:

1. This looks like pretty much the best thing ever.
2. The last few levels didn't have custom music; is this intentional, or are you planning to add it?

Having taken a look at the wad, I gotta say it's quite an interesting levelset. I also like how weird the last few levels are. (The Icon of Sin boss battle being at map11 was odd IMO, but at least I didn't mind; this is coming from someone who saw how anticlimactic those IOS battles usually are at the end of every megawad.)

Only played the first two levels (made by the same author).
I'm highly impressed, I played the story.

@j4rio For me the sound replacements (in the first two levels) made the enivronment immersive.

BTW story: what is this about?

I've read the intermissions but it's not clear for me. Where's that plane? Why I see myself at the beginning and at the end? What the name A.L.T. means? It's not clear for me.

However, levels are very atmospheric, I feel that I fight in some real and various places, like in Alien Vendetta or Reverie.

2 Katamori

!!!SPOILER!!!

Spoiler

After many trips to various places (cities, bases, virtual reality and other), at the end protagonist realizes that he died in a plane crash. But the portal has transformed the nature of the protagonist, and now he is doomed to wander for a existent and non-existent places, memories and other "worlds".
A.L.T. is name of the portal - Absolute Life Transformation.☥ You can see this inscription on first level.

A little bit off, but ella, where on Earth you have been for so long?! :D

I mean, poor Eris Falling had to take over Doom 2 In Name Only to be able to make it finish. We missed you :D