Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I burned the Doom mp3s and Doom 2 mp3s from the Doom depot to CDs to listen to whenever I want. Its pretty cool. Also, I've been playing a lot of Soldier of Fortune, it kicks ass, I'm gonna have to buy more CDs to burn the disc though, because it is my cousins. Damn the thing was fucking dirty when he gave it to me, it looked like he spilled something on it, so I had to clean it off. Now it works great!

I recently burned myself PWEI - Dos Dedos Mis Amigos out of mp3s, and I'm thinking about burning another CD or two. These are possible candidates (CDs which I happen to have in entirity in mp3 form):

Gary Numan - Pure
Das Ich - Egodram
KMFDM - Several CDs, probably Money or Xtort
Tool - Opiate

orion said:

mmm opiates... /sniff /sniff

Eeew opiates...the only time I ever had one was when I took codine, and I TOTALY flipped out on it. Man, that was fucking scary. Fleas everywhere...

the_Danarchist said:

Eeew opiates...the only time I ever had one was when I took codine, and I TOTALY flipped out on it. Man, that was fucking scary. Fleas everywhere...

wtf? you're just wierd.

First time I was on codeine (sp?) I had a fever of about 102. I think I was 8. I felt ice cold. I thought everything I touched was made out of plywood and everything looked like it was made out of scales.

Being sick sucks.

I was in hospital Thursday Friday SAturday, on Thursday after my operation, it was into my main artery in the groin, when I was back on the ward, 4 nurses were round my bed sorting me out, and this cute one, lifted my gown to look at the operation area, I said, very loudly :) "EXCUSE ME! Come out from under there, you never even offered to buy me a drink first" :) That was funny :)

When I had my hand surgery when I was 16 they were wheeling me to the OR wearing one of those paper gowns and nothing else. So anyway, the bed is vibrating and I'M SIXTEEN so naturally I got a boner from hell so I'm sitting up with my hands on my crotch pushing the base of my dick so it's under the paper line... of course that temporary solution just made the grand problem worse.

So I get to the OR and they tell me to lay down so, fuck it. I layed down and made a tent.

One of the nurses said, "Well someone's looking forward to the operation." It was dead silent until I finally laughed, and then so did the doctor. Then they put this fucking duckbilled ottoman under my arm and got this midievil contraption locking my hand in place as they were gassing me. I still have the scar, but hey, at least I have all 10 fingers working again.

Addendum A: After the surgery a nurse came by and asked if it 'hurt'. I said yes. Click click. Morphine. Whoo. I saw another nurse walk by. "It hurts." Click click. I did that about EIGHT times. I got so jacked I didn't come down for THIRTY SIX HOURS. We were watching Hellraiser in Space and I got up suddenly. You know the surgery deal, everyone is around and pretends to care. My buddy looked at me and said, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to take a piss why you wanna give me a hand, the doctor said I shouldn't lift anything heavy."

Addendum B: Since the operation was on the other end of my hand I cut a bit of my cast off to get some more room around my thumb. Just enough space to jam in a Gravis Gamepad so I could play Doom with it. Those were the days. =)

Geez, I lost two days of my life thanks to some codeine derivative after my wisdom teeth surgery.

DC

bigbadgangsta said:

I burned the Doom mp3s and Doom 2 mp3s from the Doom depot to CDs to listen to whenever I want. Its pretty cool.

Lucky you. I tried encoding the the MP2s into MP3s with Razorlame once, then when I burned them to a CD, they completley fucked up. They skipped on all of the tracks. Sucked big ones, if you ask me.

Crendowing said:

Lucky you. I tried encoding the the MP2s into MP3s with Razorlame once, then when I burned them to a CD, they completley fucked up. They skipped on all of the tracks. Sucked big ones, if you ask me.

Well in a way that's your own dumbass fault anyway. There is no logical reason to ever re-encode an audio file, unless you're clinically deaf.

You should've put the MP2s into RazorLame and clicked the DECODE button, not the encode button you jackass. Then just burned from the waves and been done with it but no, oh no, you had to try to magically create better quality by re-encoding an existing compressed file like a fuckspoon and then wonder why it didn't come out right.

deadnail said:

Well in a way that's your own dumbass fault anyway. There is no logical reason to ever re-encode an audio file, unless you're clinically deaf.

You should've put the MP2s into RazorLame and clicked the DECODE button, not the encode button you jackass. Then just burned from the waves and been done with it but no, oh no, you had to try to magically create better quality by re-encoding an existing compressed file like a fuckspoon and then wonder why it didn't come out right.

Blah blah blah....well excuse me for not being an audio GENIUS like you.....so don't cuss me out, scrotum licker.

Besides, I've already thought about doing what you just said above now that I downloaded CDex...that is, if it supports that as well :P

BTW, I almost AM clinically deaf ;)

Doom-Child said:

Geez, I lost two days of my life thanks to some codeine derivative after my wisdom teeth surgery.

DC

Pretty much what happened to me, though I still remember some horrific moments from the time:

The fleas...get them off...the fleas...GET THEM OFF OF ME!!!

Crendowing said:

well excuse me for not being an audio GENIUS like you.....

It's not really genius, it's more like common sense, knowing what you're doing before you do it, RTFM, etc. etc. You have compressed audio and uncompressed audio, you don't compress something that's already compressed. Simple.

Liam the Bard said:

It's not really genius, it's more like common sense, knowing what you're doing before you do it, RTFM, etc. etc. You have compressed audio and uncompressed audio, you don't compress something that's already compressed. Simple.

Simple my ass...I had NO prior knowledge of the subject whatsoever, OK? It wasn't until I ripped a track off a CD using CDex that I found out about how compressed MP3s are compared to WAVs.

Would audio "freak" have been a better choice of words? God, if there's one pet peeve of mine in this world, it's those "experts" in the field that get on people's cases for their ignorance on the subject. Believe me, I've gotten harked on plenty of times for bitching in front of people about pronouncing Latin words (I suppose that would be my "perfectionist" area) and such. That's what I'm seeing here. Case closed.

To this day, I still thank God I never needed braces. Particulalry all the fun dental surgery that comes with and stems from braces. All my wisdom teeth are in without any problems, too.

IMJack said:

To this day, I still thank God I never needed braces. Particulalry all the fun dental surgery that comes with and stems from braces. All my wisdom teeth are in without any problems, too.

Well, my teeth are crooked as Hell, but all I worry about is if I can talk right and eat. I can do both, so no need for braces here....not yet anyway.

Crendowing said:

Simple my ass...I had NO prior knowledge of the subject whatsoever, OK?

It's one of the Real Life Big Rules (tm) that you don't do something until you know how to do it (or it should be). You don't buy a funny device from a shady man in a dark alley and start pushing the buttons on it before you read the manual he gave you with it. Common sense attack.

Crendowing said:

I was smart, when I saved the files to my HD, I saved them as .mp3 not .mp2! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, YOU = STOOPID!

the_Danarchist said:

Das Ich - Egodram

YAY!

The addiction begins =)

fodders said:

BBG was telling me he has to go to the dentist to have some wisdom teeth put in

Um...when?

Someone needs to burn some Mark Klem MP3s onto a CD and send it to me.

I'm going to try to pick up a copy of the soundtrack to 'Trigun' this weekend.

Liam the Bard said:

It's one of the Real Life Big Rules (tm) that you don't do something until you know how to do it (or it should be). You don't buy a funny device from a shady man in a dark alley and start pushing the buttons on it before you read the manual he gave you with it. Common sense attack.

IMO, manuals are for dupes. Hell, half the stuff I buy never comes with a manual anyway.

BBG: Far as I can tell, they could not be saved as anything else. I just said they were the ones from DOOMWORLD, not DOOM DEPOT! And you people say I never read the posts?

Another pet peeve of mine: people who jump to conclusions. Hell, for that matter, the whole fucking world is my biggest pet peeve.

Archvile46 said:

Someone needs to burn some Mark Klem MP3s onto a CD and send it to me.

Get them here.

Crendowing said:
Hell, for that matter, the whole fucking world is my biggest pet peeve.

Why, because of shit like this?

That's....certainly different.

[Not anger]But no, I say the world is my biggest pet peeve because everybody in the world that I have worked with just never wants to listen to me even when I know for a fact that I'm right about something. Having to deal with immature teenagers who think they're on top of the world doesn't help the situation much. And on top of everything else (sorry for the redundancy), having been made fun of constantly for being white during the first 13 or so years of my life kind of has an effect on me. I used to go to some run-down hole-in-the-wall gang school where the average intelligence is about one millionth that of mayonnaise. Thankfully I have gotten out of that extreme, but now I've moved into the other. I'm talking in terms of thick-headedness and self-righteousness. As stated above, these kids (yes, they still act like 5-year-olds) think they own the world and that the rules never apply to them. It makes me sick. Take a look under "occupation" in my profile...that gives a brief story.[/Not anger]

BTW, heh....what's with the cop GIF, if you don't mind me asking?

Lüt said:

YAY!

The addiction begins =)

Heh...yeah, thats the CD I chose to burn last light. As I was going to sleep, it got to the end of track 11...that was freking me out.