Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

zcajun bots

Basically I want to create a 'God-like' bot for zcajun, with perfecto aiming, reactions etc. I tried setting all the values to 100 assuming that was the max setting, but my bot was malcoordinated.

Any tips, and any lines addable to the bots.cfg? Cheers.

Zcajun bots suck. Any retard with one working hand and eye could beat them. Use OPNdoom.

I tried adding this to my bots.cfg, then adding the bot by name:

{
name Biffbot
aiming 100
perfection 100
reaction 100
isp 1
color "ff ff ff"
skin base
weaponpref 012385787
}

The isp, "instinct for self-preservation" is near zero so the bot is more agressive (I think it works that way). I did not try other numbers for reaction. These bots don't do well in some maps, but try them in tntblood map02 - they will at least score some frags against you, though you may still dominate them.

thanks, I tried it with 'God'.

When I reached the 50 fraglimit he had 13 frags and the two other bots 6 and 5.

I think I'll try some other bot programs to hone my deathmatch skillz :)

Thx 4 the link to OPNDoom, deathwarrior.

I'v tried gettin the Zcujin bots to always use the SSG if they hav it, but it didnt work - can sum1 pls explain exactly how the weapon preference thing works - i'v tried loads of things?

That reminds me. I was playing TNT the other day, and got tired of playing SP. I decided (since I was playing with ZDoom, as usual) that I'd restart the game as Deathmatch 1.
I loaded up level 11 (just to see how it'd be as a DM level) and typed (at the console) ADDBOT
I hit Enter.
Suddenly the console flashed a bullshit message about
"Couldn't spawn bot; no bots left in bots.cfg"
What the fuck is this all about?

Put the bots.cfg file in a zcajun folder which has to be in your zdoom folder.

999cop said:

/me slaps Xoap around a bit with Anders bot!

which i can easily beat by a double in d5m1. but then again, i haven't doomed in 3 weeks...

Well done fodders. Shut up AdAmIzEr, no cheating, asshole. deathwarrior, how can u not doom in 3 weeks?! And every1 quit saying "folder", the proper word is "directory". Sorry, i dont mean 2 sound offensive to any1 btw.