Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nkchri2

Sealed Doom Price Check and Magazine Question

I've just recently started my Doom collection and I'm trying to get sealed copies on all the different systems. I found in a post earlier about someone mentioning the sealed 3D0 and Tapwave versions were the hardest to find.

I just wanted to get a price check on those two to see what would be a good price to offer.

Also, I went back over to my parents house to look through all my old gaming stuff that I hadn't brought to my house yet to try and find all the doom stuff I already had. Among them is my ultimate doom jc and manual that used to have the box, Doom 64, The Lost Episodes of Doom book /w disk, Master Levels (again no box =/). All the other dooms that I played... I uh, "borrowed" off my friend that I used to play with all the time.

Also I found my copy of Sega Visions magazine featuring Doom 32x on the cover. Made me wonder if I could manage to find other magazine issues featuring doom. Does anyone happen to have or know where to find a list of all the publications doom has been featured in?

Don't pay no more than $90 for 3DO Doom. Ebay merchants will inflate the fuck out of a price for profit. Tapwave price seems about right on there though.

Starting my collection I'm a little apprehensive about buying something that I think is factory sealed and it being a fake. Are there any avid doom collectors out there that have any information about being able to recognize resealed doom games across the different consoles and pc?

One way to tell is to look for signs of warping, or depressions on the box itself. The longer shrink wrap stays on a box, the more shrinking it does, especially over the course of years.