Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
glenzinho

Firetop Mountain [complete]

I always try to kill all monsters, I encounter, on my way through levels. But in this one, I ran out of ammo in that *prison room* inside of mountain. I managed to escape these monsters and continue futher into tunnels, but I am not finding enough of suplies to kill all new monsters and these who are chasing me. I did pickup all suplies outside before I went in, so it seems i am stuck to fists.. :/

Is the map supposed to be completeable with 100%kills?

With a title like that I don't even need to look at the screencaps before downloading.
EDIT: will have to play later. Don't have GZDoom on my mac.

Sokoro said:

Is the map supposed to be completeable with 100%kills?

Absolutely!

It can get short on ammo at that point, but it can be done and all the monsters in the prison area killed as well.

See the demo if you are stuck.

There are several ways to play Doom, you don't have to kill everyone the first time you see them.

EDIT: Here are some spoilers if anyone's stuck
http://www.mediafire.com/?rnbaa7nuylzcaz6

Sorry I didn't reply sooner--the past week's been hectic.

I played it and I must say it's a brutal challenge but still clever for your first work in so long. Great lighting effects, and I have to say that the music you chose is so freaky and chilling--superb choice. Not sure if it fits this map entirely, but I liked the song so much it didn't really matter. My complaint is that,

Spoiler

after the boss battle with the Cyberdemon and Diabolist, things get too crazy for my tastes. Monsters packed in dark tunnels really frustrate me.

Other than that, it's a pretty good map. Nice work!

Cheers fullmetalvaran33!

fullmetalvaran33 said:

and I have to say that the music you chose is so freaky and chilling--superb choice. Not sure if it fits this map entirely, but I liked the song so much it didn't really matter.

It should be freaky, it's something I did over 10 years ago fucking around on a keyboard stoned out of my wits! I'm sick of midi music and was looking at my old crap mp3s for something atmospheric and this was the only thing close enough that fit the bill.

Spoiler

After the boss battles I thought that this part would be almost relaxing! And GZDoom makes light beautiful :) Thanks for the feedback.