Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Icon of Sin Overachiever

So does anyone know how many monsters you must kill to get exactly 100% on the icon fight?

Also, you two noobs can't even beat the par time. ^^

Yep, it's a very real feeling of awesome when the kill score keeps pumping as you finish all Doom 2. Makes this intermission tally different from the rest.

How did you do it? Did you put the marine into godmode/noclip on the tower, and let the monsters kill each other, for 9 hours?

printz said:

How did you do it? Did you put the marine into godmode/noclip on the tower, and let the monsters kill each other, for 9 hours?

prboom+ 10000 speed godmode sat in a corner alt-tabbed while punching went to bed

thinking of making a custom map with 100 spawners in a big room

Mr. T said:

No "Sucks"? lol

piarreboom+ doesn't do stuff like that

DuckReconMajor said:

thinking of making a custom map with 100 spawners in a big

Some of us are still waiting for Ash Cave 2, you know.

In PrBoom, time sucks is achieved by reaching 100 hours.

I expect TimeOfDeath will get it deliberately in a demo one day. ☺

"Can your modern FPS do this?"

Also 9 hours looks like the time it took for me to beat the first 11 maps of Eternal Doom.

Oh wow. That has the same blood sky/wall/floor setup as Blood Octagon. I hadn't played your map before, I swear D=

And I ran the spawner map for longer and got to 15 million. I'm sure you'd get an obesely high number if you left it overnight, though I don't know if it would plateau when the performance got too low.

To quote myself from 2007:

Grazza said:

Kai-Uwe Humpert showed in 1996 that there is a straightforward way to get practically unlimited kills on map30, which pretty much killed off interest in this challenge. Getting the best percentage would consist of starting off the way he does, leaving the computer running for a loooong time, and then coming back for the last minute or so and hopefully not screwing up.

Hmm. I tried that way (while cheating) and for some stupid reason I thought it wasn't counting toward my kills.

In any case it is much faster, thanks.