Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

were did u get that name?

well this post is mainly a question as to where u got your screen name. mine is the main badguy in FFVII. however a few of yours are a mystery to me. also this post is for esco, why? well what does that name mean, is it the name of a sports star, rapper, or somone popular. i bring that up cause i have seen a shirt with the name esco printed on the back, it is a jersey type yellow t-shirt. anyway back to my question, how, what and why do u have the screen name u use here

Insomniac (or Insomniak on IRC) is based on Sleepy_Boy

Sleepy_Boy is based on a Saftey Boy, a nickname i unfortunatly got in Autobody class (i was being too safe)

Not another thread like this....

Anyway, I said how I got my name a long time ago, but I'll give you the brief version:

The "Crendo" came from a line in Star Trek IV, and the "wing" came from the fact that I like planes and such (hell, both my parents were in the Air Force :)

Bought son a modem one xmas as he had found this cool BBS while at his cousin's, signed in with name Dominator, so when his mom and I joined, I took name FOD: Father Of Dominator and his mom was MOD: Mother Of Dominator, simple really, then I became Fodders and she became Modders

NXN: originated from OrioN X NaVaS
OrioN X NaVaS: originated from orion
orion: a star constalation

MoRoSe MoOoSe: a new version of MoSeS' MoOoSe
MoSeS' MoOoSe: I like mise, and since I like em, and MoSeS looks like MoOoSe it came to be.

Hey Fodders, when I mentioned a guy named "FOD" to someone who goes by "Freshmeat" or "Infidel" on Zdaemon, he said, "Oh, I know what that name means, don't you?" No, I didn't, and he said, "It stands for Foreign Object Damage", a term applied to aircraft/runways for one. Guess he was wrong? :)
My nick, Biff, is a joke started by the captain of a softball team I played on. A joke because of how "un Biff like" I am in reality..5'9" and 136 lb. Hahahaha. Only good thing about it is that I weighed that at 20 and still do at 54. Could see well at 20, not any more. Had lots of hair, not any more. Oh well....

Biffy said:

Had lots of hair, not any more. Oh well....

Well that explains it, all that poundage from the hair made up for other areas:)

FOD is Foreign Object Damage - an old term in the aircraft industry.

About seven years ago I made my first email account. I wanted a name that would be memorable. At about that time I had seen the episode of Seinfeld involving the "Assman" license plate. And so Assmaster was just sort born. Over the years, many other people have begun using that name online. So when its not available, I use "Turdstorm".

I took my nick by playing Secret of Mana near the end when you see Emperor Vandole and his three henchman : Thanatos, a red hair dude and a guy that the girl say that he's the Darkstalker. It just came like that when I created my 1st email account and it went right to my head.

Well guess what, I met Rich Sham on zdoom forums recently, he's the guy who made tripwire.wad some weeks back. Rich is 63! He's not much into DM, can't stand all of the foul-mouthed brats online he says! That'd be none of you all, I'm sure. Rich came and played at rarefiles a bit, then went back to solo play.

This is a convienient way of writing "Monkey In The Highest Tree", my old YahooChat nick. as for the origin of that...I sometimes go by THT, which is cool because it sounds like THC or something...

I typed in ten random characters and this name just happened to come out.

Assmaster said:

About seven years ago I made my first email account. I wanted a name that would be memorable. At about that time I had seen the episode of Seinfeld involving the "Assman" license plate. And so Assmaster was just sort born. Over the years, many other people have begun using that name online. So when its not available, I use "Turdstorm".

Hehe, in one of the classes at my school there is an overhead projector called 'classmaster' and someone has scratched off the 'cl'...

As for my name, well, thats from being lazy on my old Sega Megadrive (or Genesis). In about every game your name was 'player 1' and since gamepads dont have letters on them, i'd go to the p and change it to an s. Back then I did not know anything about the band 'Slayer', and just recently I've heard their stuff and started to like some of it...

SlayeR said:

Hehe, in one of the classes at my school there is an overhead projector called 'classmaster' and someone has scratched off the 'c'...

So it's....lassmaster? :P

Ellipsus is the name of a character I created back in 8th grade... a very long while ago... if I ever get around to not being lazy and worthless (fat chance) I'll start working on the webcomic that has him as a character. D is short for my first name, and I use it just because Ellipsus alone is usually taken.

Crendowing said:

So it's....lassmaster? :P

He said...Someone had scratched off the "CL" pay attention

My Real Life Name = Toby Neal Collins Jr.

Tobester = toby - y + ester

rhymes with toaster (also one of my nicks)

fodders said:

He said...Someone had scratched off the "CL" pay attention

Not when I saw it...I only saw "c", as you can see by the quote I made...he must have edited it.

Sephiroth said:

also this post is for esco, why? well what does that name mean, is it the name of a sports star, rapper, or somone popular

EMAIL. USE IT.

My nickname is based on and, (my favorite word in the whole universe,) the reply tag in most e-mails, and Warner Brothers, who have something to do with Bugs Bunny cartoons.

About seven years ago I made my first email account. I wanted a name that would be memorable. At about that time I had seen the episode of Seinfeld involving the "Assman" license plate.

Hehe, serveral years ago when i first started playin quakeworld I used the handle "Assman" after i saw that seinfeld episode.. It was even the first nick i ever played with on doomserv. I continued to use Assman as my nick until around the time of csdoom v.62 when I got into a flame war on the old csdoom forum with K3W and i found out just how many gay references could be made from that..

after that i started just using my real name 'will'. And for the past year and a half I've been using the nick "bluntman" 'cause i enjoy smoking blunts and because of my favorite director 'kevin smith'..

Crendowing said:

Not when I saw it...I only saw "c", as you can see by the quote I made...he must have edited it.

Get a grip, it says if it's been edited and it hasn't, don't put your misreading onto us :)Oh look , this has been edited...oh fuck, where's the "last edited" bit? :( /me blushes, farts and apologises

I got this nick off the back of a bag of cocaine

No not really, actually, I couldn't think of a nick so I said...wtf, bigbadgangsta, I guess it kinda came to me from listening to to much Tupac or something.

fodders said:

Get a grip, it says if it's been edited and it hasn't, don't put your misreading onto us :)Oh look , this has been edited...oh fuck, where's the "last edited" bit? :( /me blushes, farts and apologises

Ummmmm, my last post...I edited that, you don't see the "last edited by Crendowing..." there, do you?

Crendowing said:

Ummmmm, my last post...I edited that, you don't see the "last edited by Crendowing..." there, do you?

Do you not read posts? That was what my post was saying doh!

where's the "last edited" bit? :( /me blushes, farts and apologises

You did understand that was what I was saying at the end of my post? Surely