Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GooberMan

w00t :)

I found out earlier today that I scored me a free AMD Athlon 1.5gig processor :) I'd stick the scan in here but it exceeds every limit imposed on images and my Geocities site don't like it, but anyway, if you're in Australia get the latest issue of PC PoerPlay (#73 May 2002) and have a look in the Inbox section and there's my nice letter :) It should arrive within the next few days.

Feh. probably couldn't afford the shipping cost.
When the hell are you going to update the episode 5 site goob?

The performance rating AMD uses refers to the frequency that a Thunderbird would have to have to achieve the performance of an XP at the same clock speed.

ahh, too bad you didn't get lucky like doomboy and didn't get a 1.50 instead of a 1.5 =P

GooberMan said:

I found out earlier today that I scored me a free AMD Athlon 1.5gig processor :)

And just HOW did you get so lucky?

Crendowing, read the rest of the thread :P

Well done gooberman!

Crendowing said:

And just HOW did you get so lucky?

His ability to read and reply, something you obviously lack you cock knot.

GooberMan said:

if you're in Australia get the latest issue of PC PoerPlay (#73 May 2002) and have a look in the Inbox section and there's my nice letter :)

I haven't bought a PC Powerplay issue in almost a year.

Would this happen to be the one with a copy of Unreal included? Cause if it is...i'll be buying it. Some good luck there...

Jon said:

Crendowing, read the rest of the thread :P

Jon, quit jumping to conclusions :P

deadnail said:

His ability to read and reply, something you obviously lack you cock knot.

See above.

Heh, I saw that letter, valid points in it too, you got a free AMD 1.5ghz machine just for wasting a third of a page in PCpowerplay? Cool. I gotta try that....:D

Also, mmnpsrsoskl, yup. that's the one all right. I dispute the claim on CD that it's worth $90 bucks tho...considering you can pick it up anywhere for around about twenty.

I haven't bought a Powerplay issue in a while either, but I do read it at the newsagency's :)

I've got an Athlon XP 1700 (~1.47 gig), and I couldn't be happier with it. Congrats g00b.

DC

hellbent was kind of explaining the name to me. I forgot it all by now, shit never understood it. Just something with intel's mhz measurnment being different than athlons. So they probably got a different name for it so as to not make people think Ahtlon's are slower than Pentiums when they're not. Some shit like that.

/me takes a nice deep hit off of that kinebud shit.

That weed makes me cough.

[quote]

Doom-Child said:
Athlon XP 1700 (~1.47 gig)

Lüt said:
WTF kind of moronic naming is that?

Well it's a marketing strategy. Realize that most people see a 1.4 versus a 1.7 and they'll think the 1.7 is better, however, the 1.4 Athlon XP will stomp the 1.7 P4 in EVERY single benchmark just about.

Yeah that was the one I was reading in the newsagent today...I'll have to buy it next week cause I have already spent this week's dough on pre-ordering a...GameCube!

/me suits up in riot gear as rioters begin to start throwing shit at him...

It'd prolly be more dangerous saying X-Box round here :P Although I wouldn't mind getting one... from a PC game developers point of view, it's piss-easy to do an X-Box port compared to a PS2 port.

Why would people throw shit at you for getting a game cube, I know I won't because I'm getting one too, I don't care for the X-box, not to say I hate it, but..ah I just prefer the Game Cube. Heh, although, now that the price of the X-box has dropped to 400 here....nah, still Game cube for me.

if it still supported cartriges it would look just too identical to a toaster to be thought of seriously.

Yes, it's plastic -- not shiny metal, it's too short, not wide enough and oh yeah, from the top it's a square not a rectangle. It's exactly like a toaster. I have one sitting right next to my TV, along with a PS2 and an X-Box. It's insanely powerful for it's size. It can do most things the other consoles can do. But it can't make toast and it looks about as much like a toaster as a cake box of CD-Rs, you jackasses.

deadnail said:

Yes, it's plastic -- not shiny metal, it's too short, not wide enough and oh yeah, from the top it's a square not a rectangle. It's exactly like a toaster. I have one sitting right next to my TV, along with a PS2 and an X-Box. It's insanely powerful for it's size. It can do most things the other consoles can do. But it can't make toast and it looks about as much like a toaster as a cake box of CD-Rs, you jackasses.

Fine, but calling it a child's building block isn't helping it much either.