Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Doomworld Member Locations

There is something like that already, maybe someone with a better memory can actually link to that thread.

Heh, that's uncanny. I was thinking about the exact same thing just before I saw this thread.

Eight times out of ten I always assume I'm talking to either an American or a Canadian on here but I know that's not really the case; Doomworld's userbase has people from all corners of the globe. A map of where everyone is will make stalking you all more efficient at any rate.

Like in the French forum? Nice and convenient, because I always just use that embedded Google map to look for street maps :P

Most people are American however.

Also hopefully a good idea to track where the hell all these guests are from, maybe we can track down their bot deployer and question them.

Unfortunately, having such a feature would go against Doomworld's miserly principles.

Very nice, apart from the way it makes it look like I live in France until you zoom in. :D

I often wonder this too.
Is anybody here from the UK? I think a lot of people are American but I have seen some from Russia and Germany.

Retog said:

I often wonder this too.
Is anybody here from the UK? I think a lot of people are American but I have seen some from Russia and Germany.

I'm sure there's several of us. Whether everyone will be willing to participate is another matter.

DooMAD said:

Very nice, apart from the way it makes it look like I live in France until you zoom in. :D

hmm... I think the black dot on the pushpin is the center, not the bottom like you'd think. I could change the icon set, but they're all kinda lame. Let me try.

EDIT: Okay, done; apparently you have one hour from your initial post to edit your icon.

Plotted my current location on the map. Wonder if I'm the only one in NorCal these days!

Check that link Bloodshedder posted, Retog :)

Was joking about the icons, but actually that is better, heh.

Retog said:

I often wonder this too.

At least 30 people, according to the olde thread.

DooMAD said:

Was joking about the icons, but actually that is better, heh.

I know, it was just a reply to the thread as a whole. I didn't specify, sorry.
It does make us look like we live in France from a distance haha.

Thanks for doing that, Bloodshedder!

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume I'm the only one in Colorado. No one I meet online is EVER from Colorado.

Surrogate household deployed, weapons online.

EDIT: Okay, so clearly I don't live in an intersection. But it's close enough to be globaly pinpoint!

I remember the old thread with the huge tree of names done entirely in text.

yukib1t said:

Thanks for doing that, Bloodshedder!

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume I'm the only one in Colorado. No one I meet online is EVER from Colorado.

Hey, try being from Wyoming. I've NEVER met anyone else online in Wyoming (that I didn't already know). :P

Also lolz@Alio is a pig

Siggi said:

I remember the old thread with the huge tree of names done entirely in text.

That's what I remember

I've chipped in now. I got very precise with my location, because the UK is pretty densely populated. Picture is a year old, but still pretty accurate.

Think that makes me very stalk-able now anyway...

Added myself to the Doomworld map.

DooMAD said:

At least 30 people, according to the olde thread.

According to this post Cycloid lives in the same city as me. Would that be the very same Cycloid who made the megawad with the 384x384 sized maps? If so that's very wierd since I started a 384 project myself and even credited him on the TITLEPIC...

I added myself too, so that the UK can show it's Doomworld dominance. Soon everybody will be drinking tea and spelling colour with a u. Mwahahahaha!

I am Texas!

I was wondering what happened to the old thread+map. Shame to see the service went down. New one's okay but I'm so spoiled by Google Maps allowing the scroll wheel that I find this one a bit tricky to navigate.

Unfortunately, if the thread withers off, so will the link to the map be forgotten.

Currently I'm in France; sadly not permanently.

Added my location. I'm probably the only person from Quebec who browse Doomworld.