Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Phml

GLBoom+ not starting up with an ATI Radeon HD 5850 and Catalyst 12.4 - just me ?

I just get the screen flashing to black twice quickly, then the usual signal handler 11 error. If I was on NVIDIA as usual I'd just check out other drivers to see if that could be the problem, but here seeing as installing these in the first place resulted in a blue screen and multiple reboots and driver sweeper cleaning passes until it finally worked, I thought I'd ask here first in case anyone has ever run into the same problem or knows anything about it.

The version number doesn't seem to matter, from .0.6 to .1.4 test it crashes the same way. As to why I think the graphic card is the culprit - PrBoom+ (software) launches fine, and GlBoom+ actually was fine yesterday before I installed drivers.

Gosh, it sure was smart to follow the hype 2 years ago and buy an ATI card because "it's cheaper and the performance is as good!" (don't ask why I'm only using it now - long story). Within two days of putting that graphic card to work I lost any money I saved due to the time I spend trying to fix things. Lesson learned...

Generate dr.watson log if you are using XP. Also you can try gl_compatibility 1 and if this does help, then you can try to find not worked extension with all those gl_arb_*/gl_ext_* config variables (gl_compatibility 1 disables them all)

Win7 here. Tried gl_compatibility, it did help! Thank you. :)

Trying each gl_arb_* or gl_ext_* by itself, here's what doesn't work:

gl_arb_multitexture
gl_ext_framebuffer_object

Everything else works, and works together. Well, as far as I quickly tried, which is just booting up the game and entering UAC Ultra map01 (which is what I had selected I guess).

Again, thanks. :)

Phml said:

gl_arb_multitexture
gl_ext_framebuffer_object

glboom-plus already includes workaround for unexpected crash in glFramebufferTexture2DEXT on ATI. Something similar in your case.

Does it still crash if gl_arb_multitexture 1 and gl_ext_framebuffer_object 0?