Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odysseyofnoises

Plutonia Revisited TAS Movie [COMPLETED!]

map12 is done now. the second archvile jump was so difficult... I barely managed it. Im definitely starting to notice a trend in the difficulty of tricks in prcp...

Awesome demo. I see you don't need to remake it only if some dark master will make 9... LOL
The only thing I noticed- why you always change GF50 to GB50 and SR50 to SL50 where it's not needed? It eats tics and makes run easily beatable.

do you mean why do I always switch from going forward to going backwards? is that what you mean? I guess i just do that by habit heh, I just think it looks better than turning around sometimes. im really not looking to completely optimize anything, i think hocks demo will accomplish that :P

odysseyofnoises said:

will i need the rl for any future maps?

you'll die in the next map.

odysseyofnoises said:

is it possible on map13 to do a wobble from the sergeant right into the exit?

The distance is ~226 units, but i'm lazy to calculate stuff. With a rocketjump it would very very easily clearable, wobble could be enough.

25.86 distance/tic is minimum speed to jump over it with perfect timing, I think.

so.. in other words what are you saying? it is possible to use the sergeant to jump then? Theres some spectres below also for wallrun, maybe they can be useful too

odysseyofnoises said:

so.. in other words what are you saying? it is possible to use the sergeant to jump then? Theres some spectres below also for wallrun, maybe they can be useful too

Oh god, not this trick again..

I would say it's really hard without any rocket boost. Maybe one shot from shotgun guy (I think you get about 25 speed combined with wobbling) combined with wallrunning is enough.

Wallrunning doesn't help much because the platform is oblique, so the jump is longer if using wallrun because you can only move north, south, west or east. So, with just wallrun it would require average speed of 20.57 (means that 41.14 with wallrunning because it's doubled).

So if you happen to get 3.5 ticks (half of the jump) with wallrun, average speed required is (25.86+20.57)/2 = 23.21 which is lower than the doom guys max speed (without any boosts), which is 23.57.

I suggest taking a shot from shotgun guy and then tic or two wallrunning if you don't use RL. With RL the jump should be easy. And no, this post isn't scientific. Don't take it too seriously.

Alright here's maps 13 and 14. map14 is 4 seconds. its optimal and looks perfect.

[in a conversation with hock on zdaemon]
20:36:16 <odysseyofnoises> lol watch me get like 4 seconds on map14
*1 hour later
21:36:51 <odysseyofnoises> HA! i made it in 4

:P

prcp[14].zip

This map is so epic and thorougly designed. I'll probably try to actually playing this wad sometime later (yes, i've never played it before :p)

On topic:
I've found a crazy route for secret exit with a glide, linedef skip, av jump, and death av-jump exit, but map31 looks really complicated and i can't find a quick route for it atm, so maybe it's better to use a normal exit in map15 instead. Any ideas yourself/anyone?

i was never able to pull off that av deathjump when i was playtesting the map. btw, i spent like two weeks familiarizing myself with all the linedefs and their sequencing, then two more weeks pinging beta versions with xaser. so yes, finding routes here is real detective work. :)

anyways, iirc map15 secret + map31 normal exit takes longer than map15 normal.

odysseyofnoises said:

so far I cant even figure out how to get out of the starting room...

You should see two switches to the left of you from a little ways away when you start. Shoot those to lower the bars down.

are you sure that awkward jump is possible?

Edit: oh cool, i managed it with chaingunner boosting jeje. the one and only time chaingunners will ever be useful to me

im confused about where to go after that awkward jump...

heres what i have so far

Edit: i think i know what to do now. and wow, this has got to be the hardest switch pressing trick ive ever seen :P i cant get the angle >.<

Sorry for much spam but map15 is finished. time is 46 seconds. this is probably one of my better ones. im going to be taking a day off from speedrunning tomorrow simply because ive made a huge amount of progress lately, and as hock told me "youve got so much done its time for a break id think". but i would still greatly appreciate it if somebody posted a map16 route for me by the time i come back! :)

prcp[15].zip

odysseyofnoises said:

Sorry for much spam but map15 is finished. time is 46 seconds.

You seems to leave many times with .20 or less which are usually easily improvable to next second. Are you sure you don't have enough energy to polish last few corners for 45 seconds? It wouldn't be much of a trouble.

i knew the run would look cool. :) a shame there's not enough health for an av boost mid-flight from the spire.

Or just skip a soulsphere and get 43. Next map looks complicated and rocketjumpable though, need to look into it first.

oh wow i did get 46.17 on map15, heh. dunno why i thought it was .80. but how can i cut off that extra time... i definitely need the soulsphere, the next map is hard