Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bcwood16

Carmageddon Reincarnation NEEDS HELP

Hello,

Just thought I would post here as those people that played Doom in its day (and obviously still do) most likely also played and loved Carmageddon!

Looks like the company Stainless have managed to get all the right back for the game and are planning in pretty much making the game again, using todays tech!!

However, they have a pledge and need to rise $400.000, it was going really good, but has since slowed down!

So if you want to see this game again, please make a pledge and hope they can make it!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation

All info is on the website, so if you have no idea what im talking about....check it out!

YAY

You make it sound like we're all blood and gore obsessive’s :p

There’s more to Doom than mindless mayhem and violence. It's the croquet of the gaming world, or something.

Psst, Stainless, it's called GOG.com:

Carmageddon + Splat Pack - $5.99

Carmageddon 2 - $9.99

Carmageddon 3 Complete - $5.99

There. Now you'll make money that can go towards the game.

3084 votes for Carmageddon, if Carma gets released and all 3084 of those people buy it at $5.99, that's $18,473 and 16 cents. With Carma 2 at $10, if all the voters bought it, $17,832.15.

And that's just voters.

Vermil said:

You make it sound like we're all blood and gore obsessive’s :p

There’s more to Doom than mindless mayhem and violence. It's the croquet of the gaming world, or something.

Speak for yourself, pansy.
MOAR BLOOD AND VIOLENCE

Never played the first, but now I kind of want too...

For the blood and guts admittedly... But it also just looks plain fun.

Clonehunter said:

Never played the first, but now I kind of want too...

Don't come back here until you do, dammit.

Carmageddon 2 is inarguably one of the best games ever, especially for the time when it was released. I support this!

YAY!!!

Sounds like some of you guys have pledged, so thats cool :)

See I knew the Doom community with their blood and gore addiction would appreciate a re-make of this game.

Thanks, and dont forget to tell your friends about it too!

bcwood16 said:

See I knew the Doom community with their blood and gore addiction would appreciate a re-make of this game.

Absolutely, pledge made from me :)

Oh god if only I could pledge with +internetz.

I need my Ivan-The-Bastard dosage!

Fuck Carmageddon 3!

My fists went to the air after I let out a big cheer.

Only a few thousand bucks away, goddamnit!

Either a couple from GOG.com or two truly passionate fans had pledged $10,000 each to the project.

As a bonus for GOG.com the GOG edition of the original Carmageddon and its expansion Splat Pack (the Max Pack basically) plus a bunch of exclusive bonus GOG edition goodies are being given for free to anyone who pledges over $25 once it arrives to the site sometime in September.

Its done, pledge target met! Actually it was met mid yesterday (Sunday)

Cool stuff!!

So looks like we are going to have new game and I cant wait to run pedestrians over in sick gory, bloody and messy sadistic ways.....because thats what I do!

Thanks to everybody that pledged! - YAY

These kind of kickstarter projects for video games seem kinda weird to me. Basically, the developers must get paid in full before they actually do any work on the game?

TimeOfDeath said:

These kind of kickstarter projects for video games seem kinda weird to me. Basically, the developers must get paid in full before they actually do any work on the game?

Full? It takes more than four-hundred grand to develop a game. This is just money to start paying employee salaries and whatever they need to outsource. I doubt high-end developers are throwing money at Stainless Games to develop a cult sequel.

TimeOfDeath said:

I agree. Is there even any guarantee that the project will ever be completed? Couldn't some hard up dude just make the best pitch ever, release a piece of crap intentionally (or not release anything at all), and pocket the cash?

Ralphis said:

I agree. Is there even any guarantee that the project will ever be completed?

Now that's a valid question. We'll probably see this donation system decline once a few companies swindle a large fan base out of donations.

Technician said:

Now that's a valid question. We'll probably see this donation system decline once a few companies swindle a large fan base out of donations.

Or suffers a backlash after producing a title that does not live up to the pledger's expectations.

purist said:

Or suffers a backlash after producing a title that does not live up to the pledger's expectations.

If only this system were around when 3D Realms was tight for cash.