Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Insomniak

Doom 3 TV commercial?

Ten seconds of a nearly solid black background, no music, a few scary questions in a gothic font with white text, then teeth.

Does id even do commercials?

If they did, I think they'd probably make a cutscene out of the game. It would look real enough. What they'd use? Dunno, but I'm sure they wouldn't show many of the later elements.

If it's as story-driven as they make it sound, they might even try to leave you with a mini-cliffhanger that would (supposedly) make you want to buy the game and win it just to find out what happens at the end.

I say be more creative, put john carmack sitting in a chair, a book on his lap, and a fire burning in a chimny in the background. Maybe even give him a wooden pipe to suck on. Then he would proceed to talk to his grand-children about his younger days of making games about slaughtering demons. =]

It should reveal very little about the game, just be dark and creepy.

my idea:

(3-5 months before the game is released)

all black, weird creepy music and sounds. The doom 3 logo fades out of the blackness for about 5 seconds, then fades back again. Should be seen in movie trailers.

I thought the SNES version was kinda nice. I think it should be alittle like the "MOVIE TRAILER" for the 1st "ALIEN" the Ridley Scott version. YO!! Hold up a sec!! That's how I'd want the "DOOM MOVIE" trailer to be like. Anybody that owns the DVD version of "ALIEN" would
see where I'm coming from......

I would like to see this:
- Black screen, Rob Zombie creepy music.
- Doom logo, in the darkness. Lights up with the new lighting technology.
- Light effects showing the faces of some characters, and heavy drumming.
- Darkness again. Heavy breathing from the Doom guy.
- The sound of a shotgun blast, and blood dripping.
- Then comming from behind something like a release date.
---------------------------------------

Scene one : fade in to a Mars base at night. It's raining and all is quiet. Then, a lightning flash that leaves a strange anomaly in the clouds : the towering silhouette of a Cyberdemon, glowing white hot against ink black - with eyes like stars.

Then, the scene goes black again quickly. The following in a series of alternating black screens with voice-overs and very short, intense flashes of in-game footage. Of course, you'd need a cool-sounding, heavy voice to do the voice-over, not the cheesy voices most film trailers use these days.

Voice : "December 10th"
Flash : A marine's hand grabbing a shotgun from a cabinet.

Voice : "Prepare."
Flash : The marine's chest and arms, cocking his shotgun.

Voice : "To meet."
Flash : The marine, from the back, hunched up pointing his shotgun at a doorway.

Voice : "Your."
Flash : Extreme close up of the marine's face, dripping with sweat, bearing his teeth in mad tension.

Voice : "DOOM."
Flash : A very quick flash of a shadow jumping the marine, screaming, the sound of a shotgun blast VERY loud, then fade to black real quick.

As the image stays dark for a second or so, we hear a shotgun shell hitting the floor. And that's it. I don't know if you can picture it like I do, but I like the idea of something short and intense that isn't necessarily going to attract a lot of customers, but will hype up the game some more to those who know what Doom is.

FlatHead said:

Scene one : fade in to a Mars base at night. It's raining and all is quiet. Then, a lightning flash that leaves a strange anomaly in the clouds : the towering silhouette of a Cyberdemon, glowing white hot against ink black - with eyes like stars.

Uhh, does it rain on Mars? I know there can be storms on Mars, but rain?

Ralphis does the macarena for like 20 seconds then you see the doom3 logo before the commercial ends.

FlatHead said:

(flathead's commercial idea)

Heh, that sounds great, but maybe instead of a voice, how about the words coming up on the screen, in red, bloody letters in between the fades of the marine? I think that your commercial created a great feeling of suspense, and putting words in would ruin that, IMO.

Liam the Bard said:

Ralphis does the macarena for like 20 seconds then you see the doom3 logo before the commercial ends.

YUO = TEH WENNAR

FlatHead said:
Of course, you'd need a cool-sounding, heavy voice to do the voice-over, not the cheesy voices most film trailers use these days.

three words

JAMES...EARL...JONES

Frankly, I don't care. They never show computer game commercials where I live, so if id cooked up a really awesome Doom 3 commercial, I wouldn't have the priveledge of watchin' it anyway.

dsm said:

Frankly, I don't care. They never show computer game commercials where I live, so if id cooked up a really awesome Doom 3 commercial, I wouldn't have the priveledge of watchin' it anyway.

True, i don't think i've ever seen a computer game ad on tv..

...but doom 3 might be available on other platforms...

i see no point of PC-DOOM commercial.most pc-gamers just looked at homepage or read the pc-magazine.
if there will be DOOM commercial,non-gamer will criticize about the violence of this game.