Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

MAYhem 2012 - Released July 17, durr hurr

Okay I made some changes based on Phobus's comments
Infiltration
Edited some of the fights, removed the chaingunners in the red key area and replaced them with a couple of revenants. More ammo and health have been added, hopefully will make the map run more smoothly now. This is most evident at the end (stimpacks replaced by medkits and a couple of cell packs, also there is a green armour in the room with many archies instead of bonuses)
http://www.mediafire.com/?7zrzfny6wkxgll4

Cold Day In Hell
More ammo and health added. Extra green armour in yellow key room. Don't know about a few oddities in there, my last fix seem to be undid by doombuilder resulting in two blue armours in that particular room, (replaced by rocket boxes like they were before).
Difficulty settings and co-op starts added finally.
http://www.mediafire.com/?7rweuqxw9edf9gy

looks cool scype!

and yes, thanks phobus for the feedback...

and now, that famous map07 speedmap... finished it today. Be careful, is really hard and sometimes really tricky:

http://speedy.sh/KUf5w/mayhem-dai07.wad

Title: Red like jungle
Build time: 16 hours, more than less... mostly i wasted time for secrets LOL
New Midi: No, original music is already awesome...

It uses the special tags for map07... fully works on prboom 2.5.0

EDIT: You need to find all the secrets in the map to get the 100% kills, don't worry is barely easy to find...

I'm too mentally tired to say more now, I don't have access to pc all the time and I ripped my guts off trying to do it in time.

Holy crap, it was supposed to be edit.

New version of Iron Industries.

[url]https://rapidshare.com/files/3110608667/iron_industries.wad[\url]

* Made soulsphere secret easier
* fixed rooftop floor alignment
* fixed mancubus facing backwards

And one more screenshot...

http://speedy.sh/wE2Mf/M2012-ThematicTerror.wad

Finally, V1 is complete.

Some areas may seem dull, but if I'm allowed to I'll add the detail later on.
It may seem to be taken for granted, but don't underestimate the amount of ammo given - You won't know when are you gonna run out!

Proceed with caution ;)

I hope you guys enjoy playing this as much as we enjoyed making the map.

- Moti

And now we are in June, with enough maps to make one episode. Feel free to make a few last minute changes, I need to figure out how to make the skies work in an 11 map format. Also, set up some type of order.

In my honest opinion I think because of my map's difficulty/length, it should be the last one.

And about "last minute changes" - How many last minutes do we get? :P

Until the project is done. Last minute referred to major changes before testing and compiling happens.

I will have a look through my maps when I get time this weekend. I think there are some misaligned textures still in there which I missed

For the skies, there seems to be two options:

1. Using boom transfer sky linedef (and remembering about tagged outdoor areas),
2. Using e4 sky that fits into everything.

ideas for skyes are both acceptable options...

Talking about bugs i found in the maps i recently played:

Iron Industries by scypek2:

As i said before, i liked this little map, is fast and really fun to play, but there's some stuff i don't quite like it like:

- The soulsphere in the secret area is unreachable, now i check it with db2 and the pillar isn't tagged, so the floor can't go down and give me the item, so tag the lindefs 1604-5-6-7 and the sector 354 with a tag that wasn't 0 for made it work... (or even better,tag that sector to linedef 1639, so it could be much more faster....

- change the texture in the linedefs 1338, 1339, 1340, 1341, 1345 and 1346 in brown96 or anything else, since brown fence isn't so cool to see....

-add a border to lava falls, like this

-align the lava falls in the exit

Thematic Hell by ven (aka Moti and Kongming):

Actally, this is a huge, awesome trip from heart to hell, but i don't known about put this as the last map, since Hell's Ravine have the IOS in it (altought is really easy to defeat...) It couldn't be better as a second-last map?

As the only problems i found are this:

- Tag that damn lifts! They amybe work with tag 0 on zdoom, but not in prboom!

-Change the midbronz textures in the SW "village" with something else!
(Maybe brwindow?)

I like to know also what needs to changed\fixed in my map, if there's any problem...

Another question: how's about the eponasoft and Ribbicks maps?

Despite it no longer being may I'd still like to submit the map I'm working on. 90% done, just have to texture / play-test a few areas. It's shaping up to be a pretty challenging little map.

Oh, I had no idea the lifts don't work without tags... I usually test things with GZDoom.
Texture oddities will be fixed, thanks for pointing it out. Details to some rooms will also be added.

And if a map has the Icon of Sin, obviously it should be the last one! I'm just saying that because of the map's size, it should be among the latter ones. The semifinal map sounds just about right.

And just another thing to point out - I am Moti. Kongming is a friend of mine who made this map with me and has nothing to do with this forum account :P

Thanks, Walter!

Scypek2 said:

For the skies, there seems to be two options:

1. Using boom transfer sky linedef (and remembering about tagged outdoor areas),
2. Using e4 sky that fits into everything.

The tagged outdoor areas is kind of the problem.

Thank you for comments, walter confalonieri. I edited my map, but I'm not sure about

walter confalonieri said:

- change the texture in the linedefs 1338, 1339, 1340, 1341, 1345 and 1346 in brown96 or anything else, since brown fence isn't so cool to see....

linedefs 1338, 1339, 1340, 1341, 1345 and 1346 are just some random linedefs in rooftop crusher room, without any brown fence, when I check it in DB. Could you post a screenshot of what you mean?

Anyway, here's the new version.

And if my Hell's Ravines are going to be a final level, I may modify them to be more final-ish.

Scypek2 said:

Using e4 sky that fits into everything.

I vote this, as it's the easiest option.

http://speedy.sh/P4nAn/M2012-ThematicTerror.wad

Here's the second version. Major things that can be noticed in this one are the following:

- Texture oddities and HOM fixing
- A few cosmetic changes added to some areas
- Final battle has been expanded

Walter: I really don't get what lifts you meant that I need to tag. The dark part's lifts were supposed to be maze-y, however they can be skipped. (Also a subject to fix)

I've also tested the map on multiplayer today (Skulltag), and so far there are no gameplay flaws, so this is fully coop-compatible.

If there are any things that need fixing, nitpicks, or just general criticism or nice comments, let me know!

- Moti

Finished the v1.0 of a metallic-hive-esque map I've entitled 'Grudge'

Grudge v1.0

Screenshots

Currently it's in map slot 1, custom music in D_RUNNIN lmp. Map should be pretty difficult, but I've beaten it without secrets/saves so I know it's possible. feedback appreciated, this is the first map I've ever released.

Thematic Terror v1.2 is out.

A couple of changes were made:
- Fixed bug about lifts not working in prboom, they are now tagged properly.
- Starting room has been retextured and lit up.

Not much here, just a bunch of last minute changes.

Edit: Also the map should be credited under "Moti and Kongming". Just thought I'd state because I saw "two people" in the first post :P

Scypek2 said:

linedefs 1338, 1339, 1340, 1341, 1345 and 1346 are just some random linedefs in rooftop crusher room, without any brown fence, when I check it in DB. Could you post a screenshot of what you mean?

Here it is:

Had some turbulence in real life. Sorry about that. In the meantime I did some play testing, stuff gets kind of funky in Walters map07. I havent been able to recreate the error (the pit surrounding the castle misses a texture), so it may have been me screwing stuff up. I'll get a testing version with all the maps up today or tomorrow.