Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Why I Love John Carmack

The interesting thing here is on current consoles driving games can't have graphics as pretty as FPS games. There was a time when the opposite generally seemed to be true.

I love John Carmack for developing games I like like Doom, Quake and Hexen but I don't like him for selling out to another company which likes to use a particular drm which I find hard to put up with because of my inability to aquire a decent internet connection, my stance towards him now is sort of a mixture between love and hate I guess.

Avoozl said:

I love John Carmack for developing games I like like Doom, Quake and Hexen but I don't like him for selling out to another company which likes to use a particular drm which I find hard to put up with because of my inability to aquire a decent internet connection, my stance towards him now is sort of a mixture between love and hate I guess.

I don't like it either, but you can't blame a man for conforming to modern, dominating, business practices. id's still a small house with only legend backing it up; they're not Bungee or Valve, so going the route he took is completely understandable.