Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

wolf3d for the GBA

well i went to miejers and saw something that was a bit of a surprise. there was 2 copies of Wolf3d looking back at me. so i have some questions about the game. is it the complete original? not some watered down version where they removed the nazis or WWII theme. and does it have all the episodes Id made for the PC original. are the graphics improved or the same, i dont care if they improved it or not. has there been any new features like deathmatch, more maps or more weapons/enemies.
second i want to know why in the holy fuck did they bump its rating up to M+, the PC version was always T and all it has bad in it was a little blood. I dont see why they bumped it up yet bumped doom down. oh wait could it be the fact that time mag blamed doom for columbine, in this editor's opinion, yes! doom was bumped down due to bad press and so they bumped up the teen rated wolf3d to M for a similar reason. Its nice to know that our country is run by dumbasses who take the easy way and blame unrelated things for problems. thats the reason we are number one in illegal drug use and way each year we fall back on education

It's the original PC version (actually the only port that is the same). Right down to the "Get Psyched!" screens, the 60 levels, and the Nazis and blood intact. And yes, even the maps made out of swastikas and Hitler are in there too. No new weapons or graphics, just the good old original. No deathmatch (no Wolf3D port ever had it anyways).

I too liked Second Encounter better. It felt like a Wolfenstin 3D greatest hits game, with new weapons. Just wish they would get the Jaguar emulated right already so I can play it with hi-res graphics instead of the watered down SNES version.

The lows to GBA Wolf3D. Extra weapons and items from Second Encounter are missing (rocket launcher, flame thrower, ammo boxes, backpacks, sceptres), no music (you get used to it after a while), and you can't strafe and run at the same time (since you hold onto strafe left and right to run), the changing weapons button is very sensitive and finally the Spear bosses aren't in there. Also, with more than about 10 enemies on screen it chops up a little, but is still playable.

The highs. Faster gameplay than Second Encounter (just as fast as the PC). Enemies move faster than even the PC version. You get all 60 levels. You can strafe and turn at the same time. Nostalgic feeling.

I love both Wolf3D and Doom for the GBA, but if I had to pick one I would pick Wolf3D since it's exactly the same as the original, whereas Doom is a port of the cut-up Jaguar version, not the PC version. Not to mention Wolf3D has over twice as many levels.

The reason why the ESRB rating is higher is that all of the blood and Nazi stuff is intact, whereas Doom recolored the blood to get a lower rating.

elbryan42 said:

The reason why the ESRB rating is higher is that all of the blood and Nazi stuff is intact, whereas Doom recolored the blood to get a lower rating.

Comment: it was "PC-13" when it came out (this was before the official ESRB ratings), yet now it's rated "M" on the PC version, which I think is just totally gay and dumb.

Ya goota remember WW2 is still a fairly sensitive subject.

And Wolf3d on the Advance? Rockin'.
*Makes mental note to put on list of most wanted GBA games, just under Mario Advance 2*

Herm....didn't know they were even planning on making Wolfie for the GBA.

Nope. No music at all. That's the only real downpoint though. If you can deal with that it's one kickass game.

yea i dont mind no music, i turn it off in doom GBA anyway, sounds like a wet ass fart in a tin can. also i hope they make doom2, and the whole damn game, un-cut and better.

well i picked up a copy of wolf3d for the GBA last nugh. man it rocks, it is 100% pure. it only lacks music. however there is a rather nasty bug left in the GBA version. the game starts to lag when more than a few spirtis are on the screen at the same time they should have fixed that bug. anyway it is worth getting, plus i got mine at a discount sale, only $30. plus the GBA systems were 59.99

fodders said:

Hey Zaldron, don't bother going to the bank today :)

Heh.

/me keeps throwing Molotov cocktails to the Pink House (our very own version of the White House)

YES I KNOW ALL THE GAY RELATED JOKES THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Zaldron said:

YES I KNOW ALL THE GAY RELATED JOKES THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I don't. Enlighten me.

Zaldron said:

ROFL

Screw banks, I have this loose floor tile in the kitchen...

I would break in and steal your money but it isn't worth anything, so fuck it.