Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

First Official Screenshots of Doom 3 BFG Edition Revealed

offline co-op for up to 4 players?

You have to admit that is kind of a neat feature.

That said, the graphics look more or less the same as before.

Is it just me or do the graphics look slightly improved? I can tell that the assets are the same, but it seems like the lighting and shaders have gotten a facelift.

No idea why this bothers me so much, but here's the screenshot of the box art:

http://i.imgur.com/9bS1Q.jpg

It doesn't say "id" anywhere. Friggin' publishers.

Back on the real topic: Looks like Doom 3. I'd need some before-and-after shots to appease the Xasermind. :P

[Off-topic: [img] doesn't work in the News subforum? Too many people quoting t/nc images?]

Low res pictures... meh, need high res comparison pictures with Doom 3 if they really want to make us believe them when they say it's better.

I'd rather have polygon-based shadowing than the pixelated crap they're doing now.

Bucket said:

I'd rather have polygon-based shadowing than the pixelated crap they're doing now.

Zeroth said:

...Microsoft? I think yall are thinking the wrong company.

Possibly, I was a bit suspicious myself when I read the article.

Doom 3: I still play this videogame today and it is really good! When it came out, Half Life 2 also came out. Maybe ID and Valve can make this incident of the same release date again for Half Life 3 and Doom 4. This would be awesome! Which game is better next time: Half Life or Doooom! Great idea!

Deeforce said:

Doom 3: I still play this videogame today and it is really good! When it came out, Half Life 2 also came out. Maybe ID and Valve can make this incident of the same release date again for Half Life 3 and Doom 4. This would be awesome! Which game is better next time: Half Life or Doooom! Great idea!

I find your assertion that there will be a Half-Life 3 humorous.

chopkinsca said:

Did I see a picture of having a gun and the flashlight at the same time?

Yeah, according to the information that's been released I guess Doomguy figured out how to attach a flashlight to his lapel in the last eight years.

Not terribly excited about this myself, there were plenty of graphic enhancement mods for Doom 3, and honestly I was never able to get through it more than once. I've tried to replay it a few times, haven't been able to do so. Never finished ROE either. It looks like a cash grab from Bethesda, maybe to make up for Rage, but it doesn't seem like a sound business decision. It was a pretty damn fancy engine when it was released 8 years ago, but it never caught on, and overall it was a mediocre game. Not quite sure I see the point of a re-releasing an outdated, mediocre game.