Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Episode 2 Intermission 3D Models (work in progress)

GoatLord said:

So I've been obsessing with Command Control (E2M5). I really didn't like the top structures and after a third attempt, I really like what I came up with. It more closely matches what I originally saw in my head.

Thar is quite simply amazing.

Not a fan of those tube things linking the main structure to border ones. They look more like horns impaling the border structures.

Also, not going to take advantage of the higher resolution to add any uniqueness to each of the border structures?

Also, I'm suprised that none of the buildings you've done have a UAC logo on them.

Part of me really wants to texture all this. But I'd have to use an external rendering program to add bump maps. And yet, there's something deliciously old school about the idea of using regular texture maps. It's also difficult, because these buildings have curved surfaces and a lot of complex geometry. I'm really on the fence with this one.

Don't worry, this thread is being bumped for a good reason. After months of not touching Episode 2's buildings, I gave E2M6 (Hall of the Damned) another go. It's been a particularly difficult building because trying to give it some interesting geometry while retaining the original design proved surprisingly challenging. I probably won't add anything more to this one, which has a very simple look.

Slightly different take on E2M6. I like this one a LOT more.

Peculiar angle from below, showing the entrances on each "floor."

This is NOT, I repeat, NOT of my creation, though I sure wish it was. I really like the design though, so expect Deimos Anomaly to be based loosely on it. For real updates coming soon.

Based very loosely on the above image, this is the beginning of Deimos Anomaly. Looks rough but it's coming along nicely. One of my more "mature" designs.

Significantly more detailed look at E2M1. I feel like the top surface ought to have something on it, but I can't think of anything. Thoughts?

Here I revisit Spawning Vats. You can see some of the vats below. On the sides of the dome are some Giger-esque...things.

These models are so sexy I can hardly contain myself.
I'm so going to play vanilla E2 right now!

Might I suggest that the inner walls of the spawning vats be brown? It seems the red comes from lava coming out like yolk from a cracked egg.