Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Key Obama Cabinet dude crashing cars

John Bryson, US Commerce Secretary, cited in Calif. hit-and-run and then later found unconscious in his car and yet they are already ruling out drugs and alcohol? what the hey...

Updated at 7:28 a.m. Eastern.
(CBS News) U.S. Secretary of Commerce John Bryson has been cited in a felony hit-and-run case after allegedly crashing a Lexus into two vehicles in California on June 9, Los Angeles County police have confirmed.

According to the written statement by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, Bryson was behind the wheel of a Lexus which rear-ended another vehicle waiting for a train to pass in the city of San Gabriel at about five in the evening. The statement says Bryson spoke with the three males in the other car, then drove away, hitting their Buick again in the process.

Bryson was then "found alone and unconscious behind the wheel of his vehicle," after allegedly causing another accident in the neighboring city of Rosemead.

Police say that while Bryson has now been formally cited in the hit-and-run, it will be up to the District Attorney's office to decide whether formal criminal charges should be filed.
Only minor injuries were reported in the other vehicles involved in both accidents.

According to a spokeswoman for the Commerce Department, Bryson was admitted to hospital but released after the accidents.

"He has sustained no injuries and the investigation is ongoing," spokeswoman Jennifer Friedman tells CBS News. Neither the Commerce Department nor the White House offered any further comment on the incident.
According to the police statement, which said the investigation was still in its preliminary stages, there were no signs that drug or alcohol use played a role in the crashes.

CBS News correspondent Bill Whitaker reports that it was the three men in the Buick, involved in the first accident, who called police as they followed Bryson's vehicle from the scene.

The Commerce Department's profile of Bryson, who has been the president's Commerce Secretary since Oct. 2011, describes him as, "a key member of President Obama's economic team working to implement the administration's top economic priority: accelerating job creation. He works to strengthen the economic recovery and U.S. competitiveness, and he serves as the voice for the business community in the President's Cabinet."

Bryson was in California to give a commencement address.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57450140/john-bryson-u.s-commerce-secretary-investigated-in-felony-hit-and-run-in-calif/

Seeker_of_Truth said:

Apparently, they're saying he suffered a seizure.

ahh, okay. See, that's why it's good to not be a gossip feinding asshat jumping to conclusions. This thread now lacks any sort of intrigue or juicy aspect and should just be terminated altogether.

article said:

Bryson was then "found alone and unconscious behind the wheel of his vehicle," after allegedly causing another accident in the neighboring city of Rosemead.

Sounds like he's in his 80's.

Actually the Repubs, and Romney especially, have pounced on Obama's rather ludicrous assertion that the private sector is "doing fine".

Vordakk said:

Actually the Repubs, and Romney especially, have pounced on Obama's rather ludicrous assertion that the private sector is "doing fine".

I'm guessing this means that we should all vote for Romney, then?

Membrain said:

Romney campaign ad: As your president, I will NOT appoint old dudes susceptible to various maladies to my cabinet unlike my opponent.

Vordakk said:

What, you think they need more handouts? Or maybe you think that job creators deserve a tax cut (when they already have the lowest taxes since the Depression).

Membrain said:

Hell no, cartoon rivalry aside he's going to be exactly the same as Obama. Both pro NDAA, both are going to invade Syria at some point, both are going to spy and kill people with drones, neither are going to audit the fed, both pro war on drugs etc. They also have the same 1%er wall street contributors. Flip-Flop Romney won't be any better for economy than Obomba is, the only difference is the one hates gay marriage and the other likes to incite race wars and attack gun laws. :P

DeathevokatioN said:

and the other likes to incite race wars and attack gun laws. :P

Obama signs bill into law allowing people to pack heat in national parks, ergo he is all for gun control...

Quast said:

Obama signs bill into law allowing people to pack heat in national parks, ergo he is all for gun control...

Ah okay, so the Republican hype over gun control is all based off disinformation then? If so then my bad.

DeathevokatioN said:

Ah okay, so the Republican hype over gun control is all based off disinformation then? If so then my bad.

Guide to American politics: both parties perpetuate disinformation about one another and the issues.

DeathevokatioN said:

Trust me, we've had no trouble with gun control over here. :P

Vordakk said:

What I think about that.

Csonicgo said:

What I think about that.

Why do American political cartoons always look like they were made for retards to understand?

Describing everything in plaintext instead of conveying the message via drawing and some dialogue only really doesn't help the funny (not even sure if that's the point).

Belial said:

Why do American political cartoons always look like they were made for retards to understand?

Describing everything in plaintext instead of conveying the message via drawing and some dialogue only really doesn't help the funny (not even sure if that's the point).

because they're aimed at the retards that say those talking points?

Yeah.