Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gorillabiscuits

Policemen Sprites?

Hey there Doomworld.
I'm working on something as a personal project to hopefully improve and widen my horizons when it comes to editing Doom.
This may be a long shot, but i was wondering if anyone here has, or know where i can get, sprites for a policeman/cop.. Maybe to replace Former Human or whatever.
I'd do this myself, i have the time and determination, but i am terrible when it comes to creating my own textures or sprites.
I'm not asking somebody to make these for me, i'm just asking if anybody knows where i can get my hands on this kind of thing..

If you replace the sounds of the Wolfenstein soldier, you'd have a pretty usable police-man right there.

I do.

I don't remember what I used as a base, but I edited SOMETHING and made new police officer enemies.

They are far from perfect, so if you decide to improve on them, I would be glad to get the updates in return and apply them to my own Wad.

I will upload the sprites later today. Right now I just sat down to relax, hehe.. :)

If you replace the sounds of the Wolfenstein soldier, you'd have a pretty usable police-man right there.

I was thinking of doing this at first, it's just that i thought that when you see that sprite, you immediately recognize it as what it is if you've played Wolfenstein, which would probably bug me a little if i was trying to think of them as policemen and all i can think about is the Nazis. :/

I do.

I don't remember what I used as a base, but I edited SOMETHING and made new police officer enemies.

They are far from perfect, so if you decide to improve on them, I would be glad to get the updates in return and apply them to my own Wad.

I will upload the sprites later today. Right now I just sat down to relax, hehe.. :)

This is great, when you upload i'll check them out. It's no matter to me if they're not brilliant, i've never been very good at making sprites.

im having troubles extracting that .zip file. it says it's corrupted. i can't even open it.

Gorillabiscuits said:

if i was trying to think of them as policemen and all i can think about is the Nazis. :/

Is there really a difference? :P

Ed said:

The brown guy with the bowl helmet? Nah.

Maybe the white officer, if you recolor him in dark blue and maybe tweak the hat a bit.

The SS guys are what look a lot like cops to me, especially for wearing blue. But you'll need to tweak the uniform a bit too, because currently it's easy to imagine "Nazi uniform" when you see one. I'd start by removing that bandolier, it's out of fashion. Also replace the tunic with a shirt. And get rid of the SS-specific badges from the collar.