Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
arkore

teleport problem

I searched forums and found 2 pages of teleport threads, but none of them discuss the issue I'm having.

NOTE: I already have a working one-way teleport in it, however I added another teleport and it's not working.

- The new teleport I added now is two-way.
- Two simple square sectors with lines facing outward, and textured.
- The lines of first sector is tagged at 19.
- The destination sector is tagged at 19.
- The lines of second sector are tagged at 22.
- The starting teleport sector is tagged at 22.
- Both sectors have teleport destinations in them.

When I walk over it though, nothing happens. I tried walking over the other one (at the other end) as well and nothing happens.

Is there a list of troubleshoot steps somewhere I can look at for troubleshooting this issue? Perhaps a step of trying a new tag #, or a step of re-building the sectors? I didn't try any of these yet because they may not be viable troubleshoot steps at all; I'd rather ask first.

Thanks,

This is going to sound insulting, but did you have noclip on when you walked over the teleport pad? That happened to me once...

Also, is this a vanilla Doom map, ZDoom, Doom-in-Doom, or Doom-in-Hexen, etc.? Having just started, I've only figured out vanilla teleports so far.

schwerpunk said:

This is going to sound insulting, but did you have noclip on when you walked over the teleport pad? That happened to me once...

Also, is this a vanilla Doom map, ZDoom, Doom-in-Doom, or Doom-in-Hexen, etc.? Having just started, I've only figured out vanilla teleports so far.

Funny you should say that schwerpunk, because after scratching my head for a while I then thought maybe it wasn't working because of IDCLIP. But I tried it, and didn't work.

TimeOfDeath said:

Check the easy/medium/hard flags on the teleport things.

Bingo.

Somehow I ended up setting multiplayer flag on these entities. I must have been real tired one night. I removed the multiplayer flag, and they work now.

Thanks!

BTW, my map is 99.9% done, and it should live up to what I said about providing 30min of gameplay/adventure! --- Wad is 668kb so far, and it replaces map07.

I want to show you screenshot the map layout in doom builder, but I consider that a spoiler and it reveals certain things I'd rather have you find out your in the game itself. :)