Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kain

out with the old, in with the new.

i am going to give my tnt2 32 and i am getting an ati radeon 7000 or a 7500 or a gforce3 all for under 100 bucks. since i dont have a job, i sell burned cd's. mix's i mean :)i get $5 for each cd and 5 to copy a cd. in no time i will have a shitload of money.

fods, there's a diference between warez and music piracy. You should know that. :)

IMJack said:

fods, there's a diference between warez and music piracy. You should know that. :)

Not in my book, theft is theft

ok, but wile your wasting money, i am gaining money. aand plus its rap mixes. its not the whole fucking cd. sheesh. hey all i want it to do is play games good, not play doom3 at 60fps.

i was wondering wheathet i should get a gforce, or a ati radeon. remember, more bang for my buck, and i cal only have about 70 of them mofo's

fodders said:
Not in my book, theft is theft

(i am working on quotes)

in my book, it aint left until they start bustin people for it. also how many people have been busted by selling one or two warex cd's and/or burning and selling cd mix's???

Theft is just a concept created by the government so they can claim ownership of everyhting.

the_Danarchist said:

Theft is just a concept created by the government so they can claim ownership of everyhting.

I'm rather fond of it though.

Yeah, I have one comp with a gf2 MX400, and another with a Radeon 7000 VE. The MX absolutely shits on the Radeon. Are later radeons any better than the later GeForce's?

SlayeR said:

Yeah, I have one comp with a gf2 MX400, and another with a Radeon 7000 VE. The MX absolutely shits on the Radeon. Are later radeons any better than the later GeForce's?

Hahaha yeah sure, you must be using the first drivers for the Radeon 7000, How come that the card in a Laptop is 2x faster and better than a one with a Geforce2 Go that is faster than the MX?

kain said:

in my book, it aint left until they start bustin people for it. also how many people have been busted by selling one or two warex cd's and/or burning and selling cd mix's???

What annoys me is most/some think pirating mp3's is ok, but one guy mentions having a pirate copy of Doom and see the # of posts flaming him

No, pirating is bad. That's true.

However, I'm not paying the $150 my local game store wants for SoF2 once it arrives. And let's not talk about the development software I "own".

I have a buttload of MP3's (well a whole 89 of 'em (HDD got formatted)) and I know it is illegal but I still do it. Why? Because it is like a try before you buy...I download a few songs off a CD, and if I like them, I buy the CD. If not, Recycle Bin they go.

Don't Do Drugs! (like that stupid ad campaign ever worked)

MP3s are a tad different because they aren't the true CD-quality stuff, most of them suck complete ass. Trading MP3s is similar to giving out cassette recordings (which are of much higher quality BTW, and of full albums no less) but nobody complains about that, in fact lots of people and bands promote it. Standard MP3s are about as far from quality as you can get without encoding the music into RealAudio format.

On another note, I refuse to buy any CDs from bands who release country or region-specific editions of their albums with bonus material or packaging. They deserve to be MP3'd all over the internet.

320K, preferably :)

Lüt said:

On another note, I refuse to buy any CDs from bands who release country or region-specific editions of their albums with bonus material or packaging. They deserve to be MP3'd all over the internet.

*cough*nineinchnails*cough*

I like mp3 sharing if it wasn't for mp3 sharing, there would be many, many bands I had never heard of (and a few whose albums I would have never bought - suck on that Metallica!).

So without warez Doom there would be a lot of people that didn't know how good it was until they stole it? And perhaps after they find out how good it is they will go buy it? Yeh, right

fodders said:

So without warez Doom there would be a lot of people that didn't know how good it was until they stole it? And perhaps after they find out how good it is they will go buy it? Yeh, right

I never said it was the same thing with software. In that case, its just fun to stick it to the man.

fodders said:

So without warez Doom there would be a lot of people that didn't know how good it was until they stole it? And perhaps after they find out how good it is they will go buy it?

Are there that many people who still play DooM anyways? :)

Well, I mean that with music, cos I mean you might go buy a CD and it is crap...and usually you can't return it...

Ah fuck it, I really couldn't be bothered fighting, it doesn't solve shit.

orion said:

128kbps is still higher quality than a cassete.

Hell no.

I'd argue but I'll just wait for deadnail to show up.

128K may be better than listening to that cassette with your head in an aquarium though, I'll give you that.

So without warez Doom there would be a lot of people that didn't know how good it was until they stole it? And perhaps after they find out how good it is they will go buy it?

My first copy of doom was pirated... and I've spent about £150 on doom and doom-related products since then. Kinda like the effect the doom shareware had on the pundits eight years ago...

And as for the MP3 vs tape thing, hook up your PC/mp3 player to a high quality sound system and you can really hear the difference.

Beh, the whole quality thing doesn't apply to me cause I have really shitty speakers...Cassettes are lame...too much hiss.

Anyways why use a cassette when you can listen to a song on CD?

Bah. The radio plays music, you tape music, and yay, YOU HAVE MUSIC WAREZ!!!! mp3s are just better quilty... :P

I never buy music anyway. I own a total of two music cd. the Pulp fiction sound track, and the Whitlams.
NOTE: I would like to take this opportunity to state that i have not once bad mouthed any bodies taste in music during my time at doomworld... So lets just get along alrighty?

Hmm the music industry makes obscene amounts of money out of us,the electronics industry (which freely pushes copying technology) makes obscene amounts of money out of us,two thirds of the worlds' population are starving and we worry about their profits?The moral question in this situation needs careful consideration!

Ultimate Demon said:

Hahaha yeah sure, you must be using the first drivers for the Radeon 7000, How come that the card in a Laptop is 2x faster and better than a one with a Geforce2 Go that is faster than the MX?

Erm, maybe it has something to do with the fact that my Radeon 7000 VE is a PCI card...

Here are the system specs for bots PCs:

P2 350mhz, 128mb RAM, GeForce 2 MX400 AGP
Celeron 433mhz, 96mb RAM, Radeon 7000 VE PCI

The Radeon not only has worse graphics quality, but its also much slower than the Gf2...

I'll download the latest drivers now, but I doubt it'll make much difference...

Ct_red_pants said:

The radio plays music, you tape music, and yay, YOU HAVE MUSIC WAREZ!!!! mp3s are just better quilty... :P

DIE